AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: User account issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nam37

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote nam37

We currently use WebMail Pro v4 for a division of our sales staff and I'm looking to move a second division to AfterLogic also. So I purchased a license for the current version of WebMail Pro PHP and have started to configure it for our use.

The problem is, in the current version I can no longer really administer my users. I see now that the ability to add users from the Admin panel has been removed (and I can live with that), However I don't see any way to set my users' server/account settings (such as "Get/Synchronize Mails at login", "Delete received messages from server") in a way that ensures they don't change those settings as I could do in version 4.

Is there a solution to this that I just don't see (XML possibly?), or I'm I going to have to revert to an older version? If I do need to revert to an older version, will v5 allow me to do these things and if so, how do I download it?
Back to Top View nam37's Profile Search for other posts by nam37

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:58am | IP Logged Quote Igor

You're correct, current version allows for minimal level of user management, and that cannot be worked around. However, adding users from within AdminPanel is back in the latest version of WebMail Pro PHP.

Terminal release of WebMail Pro (PHP) v5 can be downloaded here. It is not covered with guaranteed free support and available on "AS IS" basis. The license key for v6 would work for v5 and vice versa.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

nam37

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote nam37

>> However, adding users from within AdminPanel is back in the latest
>> version of WebMail Pro PHP.

I'm confused. Are you saying that an update is coming that will adding users from the AdminPanel? If so, when will the update be available? And if I install the v5 can I upgrade to that new version when it becomes available?

Thanks.

Neil

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:46am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
I'm confused. Are you saying that an update is coming that will adding users from the AdminPanel? If so, when will the update be available?

It is available already, the new version was released on Friday.

In addition to "Add User" button, the option is there which makes it possible to allow or disallow creating accounts on login. Thus, two scenarios are supported:

1) you add users manually, and adding new user accounts from login page is disabled;
2) accounts can be added manually in AdminPanel and automatically on login.

Quote:
And if I install the v5 can I upgrade to that new version when it becomes available?

Upgrade is possible of course. However, setting up blank install is a recommended option.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

nam37

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote nam37

I've installed the newest version and I can now add new accounts from the AdminPanel, however I don't see any way to configure the new accounts (as I could in version 4.x) OR to edit the defaults for new accounts.

I've read the thread at: http://www.afterlogic.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3167&KW=leave and it seems like I should be able to do something similar, but it looks like this is talking about an older version as I don't see the files and settings mentioned here. I don't have "common/class_account.php" in my install and "/libraries/afterlogic/common/managers/users/classes/user.php" and "/js/settings/account-properties.js" have some similar code, but the required changes don't jump out to me as obvious.

What I need is a way to do is: force all users to "Delete received messages from server" and (if possible) not allow them to change this setting.

What edits are required to make this change in the new version (PHP v6.1.7)?

Thanks for your help.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:35am | IP Logged Quote Igor

In current version of WebMail Pro, plugin interface is used for that. Plugins reside under data folder and thus they're not overwritten during product updates. First of all, you'll need a name for the plugin. For instance, that will be pop3mode. Under data/plugins directory, create pop3mode subfolder and put index.php file under it, with the following content:
Code:
<?php

class CDefaultValuesPlugin extends AApiPlugin
{
     /**
      * @param CApiPluginManager $oPluginManager
      */
     public function __construct(CApiPluginManager $oPluginManager)
     {
          parent::__construct('1.0', $oPluginManager);

$this->AddHook('api-account-construct', 'PluginApiAccountConstruct');
     }

/**
      * @param CAccount $oAccount
      */
     public function PluginApiAccountConstruct(&$oAccount)
     {
          if (is_a($oAccount, 'CAccount'))
          {
               $oAccount->MailMode =
                    EAccountMailMode::KeepMessagesOnServerAndDeleteMessageWhenItsRemovedFromTrash;
          }
     }

}

return new CDefaultValuesPlugin($this);

EAccountMailMode supports the following values:
  • DeleteMessagesFromServer
  • LeaveMessagesOnServer
  • KeepMessagesOnServer
  • DeleteMessageWhenItsRemovedFromTrash
  • KeepMessagesOnServerAndDeleteMessageWhenItsRemovedFromTrash

Now when the plugin is added, you'll need to activate it. Open data/settings/config.php file, by default it only contains an empty array:

Code:
return array();

You need to add a line which enables the particular plugin:

Code:
return array(
     'plugins.pop3mode' => true
);

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

nam37

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote nam37

I've made your changes to data/plugins/pop3mode/index.php (using "EAccountMailMode::DeleteMessagesFromServer;") and data\settings\config.php, but nothing seems to have changed.

I deleted the user account I've been using for testing and then re-added it via the AdminPanel, but the account was still set for "Leave messages on server" and when I login as the user I still have the ability to change the options.

I played around in the code a little bit and I don't think that the new index.php page is getting called anywhere. If I force an error in the PHP (just add some junk code) in data\settings\config.php the system errors out (as it should), but if I put some junk code into the new data/plugins/pop3mode/index.php I don't get any errors. So it looks like that new page isn't getting included. Any ideas?

Just to clarify, what I'm trying to do is lock all my users to "Delete received messages from server", but at the very least I need to change the deafault value.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:30am | IP Logged Quote Igor

In order to make sure the plugin is actually used is to enable debug logging right before creating the account, clear logs, create the account and search through the log file, look for the hook name PluginApiAccountConstruct - is it mentioned in the log file?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:47am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Actually, the developers have found an issue related to this behavior. There will be fix or two for accessing POP3 accounts, and we're planning to release v6.2 next week, so it might be a good idea to wait till that version is released.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 2:37am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Version 6.1.8 was released recently, it fixes several issues related to POP3 behavior, so it's recommended to update the product version you have installed.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

nam37

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote nam37

Igor wrote:
Version 6.1.8 was released recently, it fixes several issues related to POP3 behavior, so it's recommended to update the product version you have installed.

I'll install the new version tomorrow and see if the code above addresses my issue.

Thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version