Subject Topic: Error in checking email Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Simone

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote Simone

I'm reciving this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.22-community-nt]Data too long for column 'html_message' at row 1

/functions_list.inc.asp, line 2199

Another error happens when i change some settings about direct mode and save headers in db:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.22-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

/functions_list.inc.asp, line 2193

Another question :

When i check to save headers in DB in pop mode with direct access :
1) Does the sofware download the entire messages or only the header on check mail?
2) Are (and eventually where) the sent email stored too?

It seems that it store the entire message on db and not only the header as i read near the check button.

Simone

Simone
Back to Top View Simone's Profile Search for other posts by Simone

Simone

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote Simone

The reason of the questions i wrote is that i will install the webmail in direct access in the same server of pop server reducing the bandwhidth resource and i would not replicated all email in the same server (first in the pop storage and second in webmail db storage) but i would like to use the read/unread and the other features granted by db use, so i would like to archive only the header and not all the email for received emails and obviously all the sent emails.

It is already possible in some way?

Simone

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

Quote:

I'm reciving this error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Thank you for the bug report. We've sent you email with the fix.

Quote:

When i check to save headers in DB in pop mode with direct access : 1) Does the sofware
download the entire messages or only the header on check mail?

In "Direct Mode" MailBee WebMail Pro works directly with mail server, but when "Save message headers in database" option is enabled, headers are stored in database. Thus, it is possible to organize sorting and read/unread status of upcoming messages. This option affects only "Inbox" folder because any POP3 server has only one folder that is interpreted as Inbox. Mails in all other folders are completely stored in database.

On the "Get Mail" button click, MailBee WebMail Pro downloads headers of all new messages and stores them into the database. When user opens new message via MailBee WebMail Pro, it is downloaded from the server and temporary stored in database. When user closes the message, it is deleted from the database.

Quote:

2) Are (and eventually where) the sent email stored too?

The sent mail is stored in database and can be accessed by clicking on "Sent" folder.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Simone

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote Simone

maybe is my error but i'm seeing that the sent folder (in direct mode) does not work as the inbox do.

The emails are stored in the webmail database and in the imap server and so the data is replicated.

Is it correct ?

Thanks,

Simone

Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Simone

i'm seeing now that if i send a messagge in IMAP mode it is stored in DB, but if i click on purge deleted (and i did not delete it from sent folder) it get deleted from DB but it stay on sent item catched from imap connection.

It could be possible to have the same result without clicking on purge button?

Simone

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 26 June 2006 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Quote:

maybe is my error but i'm seeing that the sent folder (in direct mode) does not work as the inbox do.

If you are using POP3 account, synchronization mode can be specified only for the "Inbox" folder. Nevertheless, you can set synchronization mode for each IMAP account folder. Thus, for IMAP account synchronization mode should be specified via "Manage Folders" for each folder separately.

Quote:

The emails are stored in the webmail database and in the imap server and so the data is replicated.

If you received mails while "Entire messages" synchronization mode was enabled (downloaded messages are stored in database) and then switched synchronization mode to "Direct mode", the mails which are already stored in database are not deleted automatically. This is necessary if have downloaded mails to the database and deleted them from the mail server. Thus, you could lose important mails if switching to "Direct mode" erased all messages in database.

Regards,
Alex

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

Quote:

i'm seeing now that if i send a messagge in IMAP mode it is stored in DB, but if i click on purge deleted (and i did not delete it from sent folder) it get deleted from DB but it stay on sent item catched from imap connection.

It could be possible to have the same result without clicking on purge button?

Since we were unable to reproduce the issue, could you please provide us with more details or with a test account where we would be able to reproduce it? Thank you.

Regards,
Alex

Simone

Posted: 27 June 2006 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote Simone

ok, i'll try to explain better the issue but my english does not help me so much :)

I'm using IMAP mode + only headers in inbox and sent folders .

If i check syncronize i catch all inbox and sent items from imap server and my usage bar goes some % up; if i click on "Purge deleted" my bar goes down to 0% (but my mailbox is not empty because i didn't delete anything).

When i send a message (with attachment to see better the bar) my bar goes up of some % and when i click on "purge deleted" it goes another time to zero.

The problem is that my "real" mailbox is not empty but full of inbox and sent folder.

When you - in another post - say that "In "Headers only" mode, Mailbox usage indicator shows mailbox usage on the mail server, not in the database. " i'm getting confused about it...

Thank you,
Simone

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 28 June 2006 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote Alex

We were unable to reproduce this problem on our installation of MailBee WebMail Pro but can see this error on yours. Thus, to let us debug WebMail Pro code and fix the problem on your server, could you please provide us with FTP access with write permission to MailBee WebMail Pro installation on your server.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Alex,

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Alex

We found yet another bug in MySQL Server 5.0. Several aggregate functions don't work as
they worked in previous versions. The discussion about this problem can be found at the following threads:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=10527 and http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?37,54609,54609

We have found a workaround and implemented it to your MailBee WebMail Pro installation. Now
it should work as expected.

Currently, MySQL engine is not the best option for WebMail Pro (in comparison with MS SQL Server). If things keep going the same way in future versions of MySQL, we may have to consider not to support MySQL any longer.

Regards,
Alex

Rohit Mishra
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 09 July 2006 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote Rohit Mishra

My problem is the sending message problem.
what is the send of meassage in asp.net.
button click in the send the message in your account email.
Back to Top View Rohit Mishra's Profile Search for other posts by Rohit Mishra

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged Quote Alex

We're sorry, but we didn't understand your request. Could you please clarify what you mean?

Regards,
Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version