AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Migration problem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DubaiPT

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 December 2019 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest version of Afterlogic Web Mail Pro. I am planning to test it before migrating the company to it.

I am currently running Webmail Pro 7.1.1.3.

I ran the dev/migrate.php from the new webmail pro 8 version but this error came up:

Error during connection to 8 DB.

Can you please help.

Thanks
Back to Top View DubaiPT's Profile Search for other posts by DubaiPT

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 26 December 2019 at 12:27am | IP Logged Quote Igor

That version is too old, the migration was only tested with 7.7.* version, it's recommended to upgrade v7 installation first. Still you can try and proceed, once you configure the v8 installation, setup the database there and create tables per instructions.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

DubaiPT

Posted: 26 December 2019 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

I just successfully upgraded my webmail to 7.7.9.

I tried the steps on this page https://afterlogic.com/docs/webmail-pro-8/installation/migration-from-v7 and ran dev/migrate.php and it still says

Error during connection to 8 DB.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 12:45am | IP Logged Quote Igor

If you log onto v8 installation as superadmin, supply database connection details under Database Settings screen, create tables there, run "Test Connection" - do you get any errors there? And does the migration still fail with the same error?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

DubaiPT

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

I did as you told me, I was able to connect successfully, and I also created the tables successfully.

I ran dev/migrate.php?user_list&pass=mailtest and I saw the message "Done" only.

I migrated only my email address, not others of my company. I only included my email at the created user_list file.

The I ran the script without user_list and it says migration successful.

I can log into my account in the new webmail 8 version.

Now I even have problems with my webmail 7 version. When I log in, I cant see the messages list "An error occurred when retrieving message list", and on the top it says "unknown errors". I also tried to log into one of my employees email which I did not migrate, and still says unknown error.

Please help.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Did you by chance create a backup of v7 database, prior to performing the migration? I'm quite certain migration doesn't affect v7 database directly, but still it could be worth a try to restore the database from backup and see if it works.

Also, I suggest to check debug logs of v7 installation and see if it sheds some light onto what's going on there.

By the way, is my understanding correct that v8 migration went all good for that particular user account?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

DubaiPT

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

By the way, is my understanding correct that v8 migration went all good for that particular user account?

Yes, the migration was successful except that the mail signature was not migrated too.

And yes, I have a backup of v7 database. I will try to restore it and update you.

By the way, in V8, I don't see the option to download as PDF. I also don't see where I can backup (import/export) messages.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
And yes, I have a backup of v7 database. I will try to restore it and update you.

OK, just please make sure v7 and v8 actually use different databases, attempt to work with the same database could lead to unpredictable results.

Quote:
I don't see the option to download as PDF.

It's disabled by default as it requires server-side configuration, please see How to enable saving mails as PDF files documentation page.

Quote:
I also don't see where I can backup (import/export) messages.

That one is enabled by default, you should see "Import/export Mail" button in Manage Folders screen.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

DubaiPT

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 8:48am | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

OK, just please make sure v7 and v8 actually use different databases, attempt to work with the same database could lead to unpredictable results.

That's the mistake I did. I used the same database for both v7 and v8. Thank God I created a backup before this.

It's disabled by default as it requires server-side configuration, please see How to enable saving mails as PDF files documentation page.

I am on shared hosting, this is not possible for me unfortunately unless I ask the host to try to do it for me.

Just 2 points for V8:
1) In the login page in Internet Explorer 11, there's a horizontal scroll bar in the browser, if you click on scroll right, it will take you to an empty background.

2) Migration does not migrate mail signatures too.

Other than that, V8 is beautiful.

Thank you.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
1) In the login page in Internet Explorer 11, there's a horizontal scroll bar in the browser, if you click on scroll right, it will take you to an empty background.

I've asked the developers to look into this, thank you.

Quote:
2) Migration does not migrate mail signatures too.

To make sure I understand this correctly - if you log into user account on v8, one just migrated, and open that user's Identity under Settings > Email Accounts screen, the signature editor window shows empty there? And the signature doesn't show when composing email, right?

Also, any chance you had Identities disabled in v7? That's AllowIdentities settings in data/settings/settings.xml file, do you have it set to true there?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 2:24am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:

I've just heard from the developers on this. They have correct the issue, the fix will become available in the next release of the product. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version