Subject Topic: hmailsvr & webmail pro 7 change pass Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mhacky01

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 February 2015 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

Good Day! People!

I have a problem showing the icon "change password" on email account settings
i follow all the instruction but seems it would not show the button. im using hmailsvr and a wamp as my backend.. and i think wild guess the problem is on the DCOM..
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/v5.3/index.php?page=howto_dcom_permissions

i follow that instruction but i dont know about my apache user account.. can any body help me with this?

another one is after i edit this on setting.xml
LoginFormType>Login</LoginFormType>
          <LoginSignMeType>DefaultOn</LoginSignMeType>
          <LoginAtDomainValue>"myemailadd.com"</LoginAtDomainValue>

when i look on the login screen i see myemailadd.com visible.. which is a bad for design i want to make invisible that myemailadd.com i try to use f12 on my google chrome and i found this

<span class="value suffix"> <span class="text" data-bind="text: loginAtDomainValueWithAt">@myemailadd.com</span> </span>

the question is where can i find this file?? contain this html code? so i can delete it...

Hoping you can help me folks

Thanks in advance!

Back to Top View mhacky01's Profile Search for other posts by mhacky01

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 02 March 2015 at 3:38am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Regarding the main issue - I don't think this is actually about the permissions as the button is rendered regardless of that, as long as the plugin is properly enabled. My guess is the reason is elsewhere: for the account you're trying to change password for, make sure the domain has localhost or 127.0.0.1 set as IMAP host. If it's not the case, WebMail Pro believes the domain is external and disables the password change functionality for accounts in that domain.

Quote:
the question is where can i find this file?? contain this html code? so i can delete it...

That would be templates/views/Login/LoginViewModel.html file. Note that you'll need to purge everything under data/cache/ to apply changes upon modifying the templates.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

mhacky01

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 3:56am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

Thankyou sir for the reply regarding HTML code i already fixed that...

well i have one last thing to do is that "change password" function on the email account settings the change password button did not appear i already follow all the procedure even the plugins tutorial..

sir can you help me exactly or can you tell me step by step how to do it to enable the change password function?

and where can i set that IMAP? thing?

im using wamp, hmailserver and afterlogic webmail pro 7..

hoping you can help me sir... thanks in advance....

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:02am | IP Logged Quote Igor

The most important thing to check here is to make sure you add a domain in Domains tab of AdminPanel. It should actually reflect the domain name of those email accounts hosted by mail server, and it needs to have 127.0.0.1 or localhost as IMAP server hostname.

The domain needs to be added after enabling the plugin. If it was added before, just refresh its settings by clicking Save button it domain settings.

Also, if you might have any accounts in that domain ("Users not in domain" dropdown in Users domain of AdminPanel) you need to delete those and make sure they're actually added under that domain.

Hope this helps!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

mhacky01

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:26am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

sir when i creating a new user under my new domain it says "authentication failed"? what should i do?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:28am | IP Logged Quote Igor

It usually means username or password was supplied incorrectly, checking the logs of WebMail or hMailServer would tell the exact reason.

Also note that you don't need to add users via AdminPanel, as users are automatically added to WebMail database when you log into that user account with WebMail for the first time.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

mhacky01

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:38am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

Sir I got it... to be able create new user in the admin panel first create a account on the hmailsvr then after creating it create a new user under "your domain" it should be exact account name and pass on the hmailsvr to adminpanel of webmail pro...

sir one last thing... is there any function of afterlogic webmail pro "Auto logout"? when its idle?

for example sir the scenario is when i go to the internet cafe and i forgot to log out my account after using it is there any function? that can do? about auto logout when its idle? so that it will avoid to be hacked or being hacked?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:54am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
to be able create new user in the admin panel first create a account on the hmailsvr then after creating it create a new user under "your domain" it should be exact account name and pass on the hmailsvr to adminpanel of webmail pro...

Yes, that would work. But in fact, you can just log into that user account, creating user with AdminPanel isn't required.

Quote:
sir one last thing... is there any function of afterlogic webmail pro "Auto logout"? when its idle?

for example sir the scenario is when i go to the internet cafe and i forgot to log out my account after using it is there any function? that can do? about auto logout when its idle? so that it will avoid to be hacked or being hacked?

Try setting IdleSessionTimeout in data/settings/settings.xml file to specific number of minutes. By default it's set to 0 which means never log out automatically. The option is currently experimental, but it should work.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

mhacky01

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:58am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

sit whats the equivalent of that?? if 0 is never logout.. then if i put 3 it means 3minutes? or 3seconds?

mhacky01

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 5:00am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

sit whats the equivalent of that?? if 0 is never logout.. then if i put 3 it means 3minutes? or 3seconds? just for clarification only sir...

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 5:01am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I did mention that:

Quote:
Try setting IdleSessionTimeout in data/settings/settings.xml file to specific number of minutes.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

mhacky01

Posted: 05 March 2015 at 5:03am | IP Logged Quote mhacky01

waaaaaaaaaaaaa my fault sir...

Sir thanks a lot for your help!!!!! your a genius sir!!!

thanks a lot! and god bless!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version