AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Problems with attachments Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
v@ng0gh

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 January 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged Quote v@ng0gh

Hi. I'm using the trial version of WebMail PRO on my office server in order to evaluate the opportunity to buy a license. My version is 6.3.8 (the last one, I assume)

I'm having problems when sending e-mails containing attachments: WebMail keeps saying "Sending..." and after some time an error appears that says "Error while parsing XML. Error code 1". The e-mail is correctly saved in DRAFTS folder, but doesn't appears among SENT mails (as it effectively wasn't sent). However... the recipient receives the e-mail!

Acting this way I sent the same mail 5 times to a customer, since every time it seemed that the mail wasn't sent, even if actually it was.

After discovering the issue, I tried to send mails with different attachment size to my personal mail address (located on Gmail) and the problems seems to appear only when attachments size is over 1.2MB.
Back to Top View v@ng0gh's Profile Search for other posts by v@ng0gh

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 3:35am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
I'm having problems when sending e-mails containing attachments: WebMail keeps saying "Sending..." and after some time an error appears that says "Error while parsing XML. Error code 1". The e-mail is correctly saved in DRAFTS folder, but doesn't appears among SENT mails (as it effectively wasn't sent). However... the recipient receives the e-mail!

I understand this doesn't occur for emails without attachments, correct?

XML-related errors are usually caused by some PHP error messages thrown along with XML package, Firebug extension of Mozilla Firefox or similar debug tool for other browsers might help in sorting this out.

Quote:
After discovering the issue, I tried to send mails with different attachment size to my personal mail address (located on Gmail) and the problems seems to appear only when attachments size is over 1.2MB.

Most probably, this is about PHP configuration settings, please check this documentation page. Also, you'll need to make sure memory_limit is set high enough, the recommended setting for processing large attachments is at least 100-200M.

If this still doesn't work, even after applying changes to PHP config, please let us know.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

v@ng0gh

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote v@ng0gh

First of all, thanks for your quick reply.

Igor wrote:
I understand this doesn't occur for emails without attachments, correct?

Yes, you're right. This only happens when the mail contains attachments.

Igor wrote:
Most probably, this is about PHP configuration settings, please check this documentation page. Also, you'll need to make sure memory_limit is set high enough, the recommended setting for processing large attachments is at least 100-200M.

I had already modified parameters in PHP.ini to permit file attachments up to 20M and, in fact, the Apache log says nothing strange (at least to me). However, I checked the file and all parameters seems to be correct:
* upload_max_filesize = 20M
* post_max_size = 50M
* memory_limit = 256M

Igor wrote:
XML-related errors are usually caused by some PHP error messages thrown along with XML package, Firebug extension of Mozilla Firefox or similar debug tool for other browsers might help in sorting this out.

I tried using Firefox + Firebug and looking at the console while sending a message containing an attachment of 0.6MB (first attempt) and 2.2 MB (2nd and 3rd attempts). In the first case it appears that "processing.php" script takes about 35 seconds (during this time it seems to call the "cache loader.php" but maybe I'm wrong since I'm not an expert in scripting) to be executed and the mail is correctly sent and marked as sent , while in latest attempts the same script takes more than 1 minute and at a certain point it's aborted. I mean, it seems that there is a time-out somewhere in SMTP management that kills the running scripts and consequently creates the XML error. The mail is correctly sent but doesn't appear inside the sent folder .

Igor wrote:
If this still doesn't work, even after applying changes to PHP config, please let us know.

Again, thank you for your support. Maybe I'm better to contact the HelpDesk or the Forum is the right place for this discussion?

--
Alex Bartolotti
Automation Engineer
PHIZERO S.r.l.
Back to Top View v@ng0gh's Profile Search for other posts by v@ng0gh

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Using forum is certainly fine, but in this particular case we'll probably need you to provide sensitive information including your WebMail Pro installation URL, account login etc., and it's not really convenient to post those in a public resource like this forum. So please, open a HelpDesk ticket and send us the information which would allow for replicating the problem.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version