AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: ASP.NET not supported? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mdwait

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 December 2011 at 7:26am | IP Logged Quote mdwait

Good day,
We are still using 5.x. webmail pro, for asp.net. I believe that I just read in an earlier post that ASP.NET webmail will not be supported due to market demand. Is that correct?

The reason that we couldn't upgrade to the 6.x. version is:
We have mail.serverOut.net as the mailsever to send email out of for the user.
We have mail.ServerIn.net as the mailsever to receive emails.
They are phyically two different servers. From what we read (or at least understood), the webmail supported a single email server per user. Is that correct??

Thanks
Back to Top View mdwait's Profile Search for other posts by mdwait

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
We are still using 5.x. webmail pro, for asp.net. I believe that I just read in an earlier post that ASP.NET webmail will not be supported due to market demand. Is that correct?

Not really. Our main priority is PHP version, so ASP.NET version is simply updated less often, but we don't plan to discontinue it anytime soon. At the moment, the latest update of WebMail Pro ASP.NET is 6.2 while for PHP it's 6.3, so the difference is not that significant. And we do accept bugreports for ASP.NET version of course.

Quote:
They are phyically two different servers. From what we read (or at least understood), the webmail supported a single email server per user. Is that correct??

It is absolutely acceptable to have different servers for incoming and outgoing mail, and when you edit domain settings in AdminPanel, you can see that incoming and outgoing mail servers are supplied separately. Things might get compicated in case if you have different credentials (username/password) for incoming and outgoing mail, though. This scenario has very limited support in WebMail Pro, but aside from that, you shouldn't have any issues in your case.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

3asit

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote 3asit

Mdwait, i have installed 6.2 Asp Version on an our customer.

I can confirm that you can configure a different mail server for IN and OUT.
But for what i think, and what i have tried, is not right to say that from 6.2 to 6.3 the difference are not so significant. You can just take a look to 6.3php changelog and you can see there is a lot of bug solved on JS.

So after seeing that, Afterlogic have decided to not give the same frequency of update to Asp release respect Php version what i suggest is, if you can, to port to PHP or to found someother webmail client that will grant more support.
Back to Top View 3asit's Profile Search for other posts by 3asit

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version