Subject Topic: Usability Suggestions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote Guests

I really like what you guys have here. I downloaded the WebMail Pro program and installed it without an issue and feel the program is one of, if not the best, ASP option for webmail.

Being a developer though I have my suggestions that you might consider for future versions. These are just usability things.

-- An empty trash button so I don't have to go to the trash folder and select all the messages and then delete them.

-- Empty trash on logout option.

-- Option that allows me to set whether sent messages are copied to the Sent folder. I think some people are like me and simply don't use this feature and it is just one more folder I have to keep cleaned out.

-- Check boxes in the address book so I can select several addresses at once when filling out my To, Cc, and Bcc fields.

-- On replies an "Re" is prefixed to the subject so you end up with "Re: Re: Re: Re: Subject" after several replies. If "Re:" is already present at the beginning of the subject line should another be added?

I've read the forum where there is going to be more control over removing and deleting messages from the server and it sounds like that is going to be a great little feature.

Again, great program. I look forward to future versions and long term use of WebMail Pro.

Is an ASP.NET version coming any time soon?   
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. We'll definitely consider them for future versions.

As for ASP.NET version, we hope to release it later this year but there is no exact release date assigned.

Important note: currently, we're in the process of migrating to new web site http://www.afterlogic.com and new brand (Afterlogic). All new versions of our products are available on the new web site only (mailbee.iforum.com will become a simple redirect to www.afterlogic.com soon).

On Afterlogic, MailBee WebMail Pro v3.1 (with extended options for deleting messages) is already available. I just sent you mail (to the email address you used to purchase WebMail Pro) describing upgrade options.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote Guests

Cool. Thanks very much for the link. I'll get that installed soon.

I forgot two others.

-- Option to automatically check for mail on a specified time basis such as every 10 minutes.

-- After getting messages (clicking Get Mail button) take me to the Inbox page. Again this could be a user setting but it cuts down on the number of clicks to get things done. Currently if I'm on the Trash page I'll still be on the Trash page after performing a Get Mail.

I look forward to getting 3.1 uploaded. Perhaps these are already present in the new version.

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Thanks again. We'll about implementing these options too.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Just thought I'd let you know I have successfully downloaded 3.1

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Alex