AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Windows 7 install Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
smithxxx

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 September 2010 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote smithxxx

I got as far as setting the folder to "convert to application." Then I get this error:

Server Error in '/WEBMAIL' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +0
   System.Web.UI.Util.GetTypeFromAssemblies(I Collection assemblies, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) +201
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(Strin g typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError) +323
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheri tsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly) +10864044
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMa inDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData) +365

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927
Back to Top View smithxxx's Profile Search for other posts by smithxxx

smithxxx

Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote smithxxx

I got through this error ... but i got another one. The error above is fixed by clicking on application Pools in IIS manager. Highlight DefaultAppPool, right click, and choose advanced settings, change "load user settings" to true. Now I get this:

Server Error in '/WEBMAIL' Application.

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. You might not have permission to view the requested resources.

Error message 401.3: You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied (access denied due to Access Control Lists). Ask the Web server's administrator to give you access to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WEBMAIL\adminpanel\install.aspx'.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 01 October 2010 at 12:59am | IP Logged Quote Igor

You need to tweak the IIS application settings and make sure it allows anonymous user access.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

smithxxx

Posted: 01 October 2010 at 6:07am | IP Logged Quote smithxxx

Hi, The folder all have permission for access by IIS_IUSRS and the main web site works. Apparentky there is separate authentication sceme to allow .NET applications to run. When I go to IIS manager and click on ".net users" or ".net profiles" the request eventually times out and a box pops up that says:

There was an error performing this operation. Details: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was not found or is not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that the SQL server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Service/Instance Specified)

I don't understand this or what SQL has to do with it or why a remote SQL server would be accessed. I am running this on a stand alone Windows 7 machine. In any case it appears the .net cannot verify which users are supposed to have permission so it fails to run .net applications while normal asp pages work.

smithxxx

Posted: 01 October 2010 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote smithxxx

I got it to work by giving read/write to "USERS"

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version