AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Connection to E-mail Server Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hiredgeek

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 September 2010 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote hiredgeek

Hi, I am attempting an install with Webmail Lite and hMailserver, on Windows 7 with Apache web server.

My install was going great until the "Connect to E-mail Server" section. I entered "localhost" as the E-mail Server Host. I tested the connection on all 3 ports. I am unable to connect, i.e:

SMTP connection to port 25 failed: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (Error code: 10060)

My hMailServer is running properly, and all the correct ports have been opened in Windows Firewall as well as through my ISP. I do not run any virus software or any other firewall.

Thanks for any help.

PS. The only reason I am using hMailserver instead of MailSuite is because I am using Apache. It is not possible to use MailSuite with Apache, correct?
Back to Top View hiredgeek's Profile Search for other posts by hiredgeek

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 29 September 2010 at 1:46am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
My hMailServer is running properly, and all the correct ports have been opened in Windows Firewall as well as through my ISP. I do not run any virus software or any other firewall.

If you try accessing mail server via telnet from the machine where WebMail is installed:

Code:
telnet mail.server.host 25

Do you get response from server or an error message?

Quote:
PS. The only reason I am using hMailserver instead of MailSuite is because I am using Apache. It is not possible to use MailSuite with Apache, correct?

Right, Windows version of AfterLogic MailSuite requires ASP.NET and IIS.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

hiredgeek

Posted: 29 September 2010 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote hiredgeek

I was getting an error when attempting to telnet, so perhaps hMailserver was not set up correctly as I thought. However I just realized that Windows 7 professional has built-in IIS, so I enabled IIS and am now installing MailSuite. Thanks for the help.
Back to Top View hiredgeek's Profile Search for other posts by hiredgeek

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version