AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Inline images Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nickux

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 July 2010 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote nickux

There is an option in settings, called "Always show pictures in messages".

I have it unchecked so inline images don't show. When I check it and go view a message, it shows the inline (and remote) images fine.

I go to settings again and I uncheck it.

I assume that when i go back to the messages, the images should not show. Unfortunately they do, at least for the same e-mail as before.

To replicate, I sent a different email from a mailing list of mine.

Same sender, different message with different inline images.

I used FF and activated Firebug's no caching option. I also have the "network" panel of Firebug on in order to see the AJAX requests.

When I uncheck the "Always show pictures in messages", AFTER I saw a message of this sender when this option was on, system shows the images for all this sender's emails. If I refresh the page, it stops and follows the non show images setting.

If it happens to more people, there may be a minor bug here.

Also, I believe that inline images should show inline no matter what. That's why they are included in the email anyway. And there should be an extra option in settings to emulate the current system "Show inline images" defaulted to YES.

Inline images and remote images are 2 different things and there should be 2 options there. My understanding is that inline images SHOW (at least Thunderbird shows them without loading remote images - I think gmail does too).

While remote images can cause privacy leakage, inline images are just images and, especially with newsletters, are meant to be shown together with the e-mail's HTML.

Please comment.
Back to Top View nickux's Profile Search for other posts by nickux

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version