AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Server Error in ’/’ Application. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
compvis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 26 June 2010 at 2:25am | IP Logged Quote compvis

Hi, I face a problem when trying to install WebMail Pro Asp.net. I receive an error like:
<<
Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 30:            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
Line 31:            <trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false" traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true"/>
Line 32:            <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=klink.vn:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>
Line 33:            <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"/>
Line 34:            <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>

>>

I have changed:

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

To:

<sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="home.cn:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

But nothing better.

Anyone can help me ...

Back to Top View compvis's Profile Search for other posts by compvis

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 26 June 2010 at 2:39am | IP Logged Quote Alex

"This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS".

Isn't the error message self-explaining? Have you configured this virtual folder as application in IIS? If virtual directory is not an application, it obviously cannot run web applications.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

compvis

Posted: 26 June 2010 at 7:28pm | IP Logged Quote compvis

How can i configure IIS for application ? and config on server or local ? Could you help me "step by step" to config ?

Thank you so much !

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 3:05am | IP Logged Quote Alex

It's explained in the FAQ.

Regards,
Alex

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 3:11am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Please note that you should not create an application for AdminPanel (we changed this recently so that only one application is required, for the entire application). We'll update the FAQ soon to reflect this change.

Regards,
Alex

compvis

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote compvis

Ok, i have resolved the problem above, but now i face a problem, like:

Server Error in '/Email/AdminPanel' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'install'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="install.aspx.cs" Inherits="install" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <%@ Register Src="install/CheckSettings.ascx" TagPrefix="install" TagName="CheckSettings" %>

Source File: /Email/adminpanel/install.aspx    Line: 1

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:55am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Are you absolutely certain that you have removed virtual directory and IIS application for AdminPanel? By the sound of things, looks like either of those is still in place.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

compvis

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 3:31am | IP Logged Quote compvis

Thanks to Igor, I have resolved the problem with AdminPanel. But i now have an error like:

Server Error in '/KMail' Application.
Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_ state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection. If the server is on the local machine, and if the before mentioned registry value does not exist or is set to 0, then the state server connection string must use either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the server name.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_ state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection. If the server is on the local machine, and if the before mentioned registry value does not exist or is set to 0, then the state server connection string must use either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the server name.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80072749): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_ state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection. If the server is on the local machine, and if the before mentioned registry value does not exist or is set to 0, then the state server connection string must use either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the server name.]
   System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcSessionSt ateStore.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32 extraFlags, Int32 timeout, Int32 lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout, SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results) +1829637
   System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcSessionSt ateStore.SetAndReleaseItemExclusive(HttpContext context, String id, SessionStateStoreData item, Object lockId, Boolean newItem) +191
   System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule .OnReleaseState(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +560
   System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule .OnEndRequest(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +160
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.W eb.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IEx ecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

What was i wrong ?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 7:00am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Well, it looks like you have configured WebMail to use ASP.NET State server for session-state mode instead of default InProc mode, but State server doesn't seem to respond. Switching to a different session-state mode may be an option, additional info can be found here.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

compvis

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote compvis

Thanks to Igor, still errors with install process. One more problem with Database Setting. Ok, assuming that i have uploaded WebMail to : http://www.homesoft.cn/WebMail/ and i choose the database engine is MS Access so where is the _webmail.mdb ? I don't know where my uploaded files placed on Server (which disk: C or D...).

So how can i set the MS Access file with full path ? (D:\App_Data\DB\_webmail.mdb, such as)

compvis

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote compvis

Dear Igor,

I have successfully installed but I receive a message after back to AdminPanel:

""Object reference not set to an instance of an object""

AdminPanel only display two buttons: Help and Logout, nothing else !

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version