AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: username for pop/smtp Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
trybee

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote trybee

Great product, small and lite, exactly what I need however I am having some issues sending emails. (I am running Windows 2003 POP & SMTP & MailBee Lite.)

1. Am I correct in saying that MailBee does not work with SPA authentication? If POP is configured for SPA, I get the "SPA required, use AUTH or APOP" error message in MailBee. If SPA is not checked on my POP server, I am able to login and view the messages in MailBee.

2. The POP username needs to be in the "account@domain" format (when not using SPA) so I have to login into MailBee using account@domain. However the SMTP username needs to only be "account". Hence when trying to send an email I get an authentication error. Looking at the logs, I see that MailBee is trying to connect to the SMTP server using the login credentials that also include @domain. Is there a work around? Can I perhaps change some aspx pages to make this work? Are there any options in IIS to make the POP/SMTP usernames the same?

I appreciate any help with this issue.
Thanks.
Back to Top View trybee's Profile Search for other posts by trybee

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 December 2007 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Yes, you can make it work with SPA or with different logins for POP3 and SMTP through a small coding.

Search web/functions.cs for AuthenticationMethods string. In POP3 case, you can then modify
Code:
pop.Login(strLoginVal, strPasswordVal, MailBee.AuthenticationMethods.Regular);

You can change it to AuthenticationMethods.Auto (or to AuthenticationMethods.SaslNtlm). Or, you can add domain part to the login.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version