AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: MailBee Lite: page.php Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lessthan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31 October 2006 at 4:04am | IP Logged Quote lessthan

Just a quick note about MailBee Lite.

I note that the label "Logout" is hard coded in the file page.php rather than in language.js or language.php. Do I guess correctly that the latter is used if JavaScript is not working in the browser?

I don't know if this is true in the full version - anyway, I hope this is a helpful, if minor, note. I was impressed when I saw the full features in the demo.

It's a very small point, anyway. I'm very grateful for the use of such excellent software and shall consider very seriously trying to convince my society to buy the full version if we ever get round to upgrading our e-mail provision.

Thanks again,

Talat
Back to Top View lessthan's Profile Search for other posts by lessthan

lessthan

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 4:50am | IP Logged Quote lessthan

Further to what I said above, I've just had another look at the full demo.

1) In the new message window, by the attachment box, the button "Browse" does not translate when the language settings are changed. I didn't notice this problem in MailBee Lite - I don't recall, anyway.

2) The names of the languages are given only in English, not in their own languages, even when the language is not set to English. If, say, a monolingual German read the word "German" it would mean nothing to him because "Deutsch" is the name for his language and the English word is a traditional term that would be unknown to him. I know this is unlikely for someone surfing the web, but all the same it would look more sensitive if their own names were given.

I am translating the language files into Welsh and Breton, if you'd like a copy. I would offer Cornish, but the takers would be very few indeed! Is my version of the language.php file the same as those in the full version? If you want them, where should I send translations? I hope this is helpful, small minority languages though they may be. I guess someone might request them, although I doubt you'd want to put them in the published version. I know that many people would be very interested by Welsh language webmail if it were available. I don't know how many would have a suitable host available.

Best wishes,

Talat

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Quote:
I note that the label "Logout" is hard coded in the file page.php rather than in language.js or language.php. Do I guess correctly that the latter is used if JavaScript is not working in the browser?

Thank you for the notice. We have moved the text of this label to the language.inc.php file. Please download the fixed WebMail Lite PHP version.

Quote:
1) In the new message window, by the attachment box, the button "Browse" does not translate when the language settings are changed.

It's impossible to change text on this button because it's assigned by the web browser in which the page is displayed. To see this text on another language, you should install the appropriate localized version of web browser.

Quote:
2) The names of the languages are given only in English, not in their own languages, even when the language is not set to English.

This is by our design, but this will be fixed in the future WebMail Pro version.

Quote:
Is my version of the language.php file the same as those in the full version?

Only ASP version of WebMail Pro available now, but WebMail Pro PHP is in development and will be released in a few months. Anyway, the language files in Lite and Pro versions are different. Language file in Pro version has more language constants and it's multi-sectional (each section represents different language).

Quote:
I am translating the language files into Welsh and Breton, if you'd like a copy. If you want them, where should I send translations?

Thank you for your cooperation, we appreciate it. MailBee WebMail Lite is shipped in English only and doesn't support switching between different languages, thus, we would unable to include your translations into regular package. This feature is available only in Pro version. You may wait for WebMail Pro PHP release and then translate its language files.
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

lessthan

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote lessthan

Thanks for your quick replies.

I look forward to the release of the new php version. If we then decide to purchase it, and if any translations would be of help, I'd be happy to provide them on request to help any users needing them.

Regards,

Talat

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version