AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: installation / setup Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mloney

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06 August 2006 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote mloney

i have already placed the "web" folder on my webserver.. but i dont understan how to pass the second part abouthe "data" folder. is it that i need to have it on my pc and leave it conencted... help please..
thank you
Back to Top View mloney's Profile Search for other posts by mloney

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 August 2006 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote Alex

If you have followed MailBee WebMail installation instructions, at this moment you already have folder with WebMail scripts and subfolders inside (for instance C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web). Also, you have created a virtual directory via IIS Manager, which points to the folder with MailBee WebMail scripts.

Then, accordingly to the instructions, you should move "data" folder from "C:\Temp" (assumed you have unpacked contents of "webmail_objects.zip" archive into this folder) to some folder (for example, "C:\WebMail") on the workstation where MailBee WebMail scripts are installed. Here, in "C:\WebMail\data" folder, WebMail will save its settings, store temporary files and folders. At the same time, this folder can not be accessed from Web (it is security measure), the content of this folder can be modified only by WebMail scripts.

Please note, IIS anonymous account must have "Full Control" permissions to "C:\WebMail\data" folder. Otherwise, MailBee WebMail will not be able to create and delete temporary files/directories and save its configuration.

You may check permission of IIS user to this folder as follows:

1. Right-click at "C:\WebMail\data" folder and select "Properties";
2. Choose "Security" tab and click at IUSR_<YOUR_HOST_NAME> user (it is default user for IIS and YOUR_HOST_NAME is a network name of computer with installed IIS);
3. "Allow" checkbox near "Full control" permission should be ticked.

Best regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version