MailBee.NET Objects

AfterLogic Forum : MailBee.NET Objects
Subject Topic: Evaluation - Few questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
softwareguy

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 July 2010 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote softwareguy

1) It seems like the ID of the message is not being returned for MailMessage objects in PST reader. Competing products make available the unique ID assigned to the message from the server.

2) There does not seem to be a way to retrieve a specific folder using the PST reader, aside from iterating over the folder collection and looking for a specific folder name. Competing products offer a way to get a folder based on name, such as GetFolders("Inbox"). Is this planned for the future?
Back to Top View softwareguy's Profile Search for other posts by softwareguy

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 July 2010 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

Quote:

1) It seems like the ID of the message is not being returned for MailMessage objects in PST reader. Competing products make available the unique ID assigned to the message from the server

You examined all the fields in PstMessage.PstFields? Isn't it InternetMessageId?

Quote:
2) There does not seem to be a way to retrieve a specific folder using the PST reader, aside from iterating over the folder collection and looking for a specific folder name. Competing products offer a way to get a folder based on name, such as GetFolders("Inbox"). Is this planned for the future?

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add this in the future.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

softwareguy

Posted: 17 July 2010 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote softwareguy

Alex wrote:

You examined all the fields in PstMessage.PstFields? Isn't it InternetMessageId?

Didn't know about that, but just tried it and that is not the ID I am expecting. That one seems really long, but the one I'm looking for is usually much shorter and only numbers. I'm not sure where this particular ID is assigned by but every MSG file seems to have some sort of "record key" in it. I'll try to find out more specifically what this record key is.

Alex wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add this in the future.

Great!

Regards,
Alex[/QUOTE]
Back to Top View softwareguy's Profile Search for other posts by softwareguy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version