AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Upgrade from 5 to 6, fatal error Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
RuggieroAV

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 December 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote RuggieroAV

Hi,

I know the upgrade from Webmail 5 to Webmail 6 is unsupported, but I am wondering if any community members can help. I backed up and am using a separate install directory and a COPY of my existing database, which I let the admin panel upgrade.

Now when I visit the webmail directory, I get:

Fatal error: Class 'CAppBaseHttp' not found in /MY-WEBMAIL-PATH/index.php on line 41.

MY-WEBMAIL-PATH was added for this post.

I even uploaded a new copy of index.php, and got a blank screen instead of the login screen.

Any clues?

Thanks!
Back to Top View RuggieroAV's Profile Search for other posts by RuggieroAV

RuggieroAV

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote RuggieroAV

PS: Note that I copied the correct data/settings folder from the "working" install to this new installation. The admin panel on the new install shows my proper info and domains.

RuggieroAV

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote RuggieroAV

Okay, I think I got it working. Noticed an index2.php in that folder, and replaced that one too, and now it works. However, how do I really know I have the new version working?

RuggieroAV

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote RuggieroAV

Oh, and you guys still cannot fix the bug whereby if you delete a message TODAY from - let's say - two days ago, when you restore it, it returns to the TOP of your message list?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Online
Posted: 29 December 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Most probably, something went wrong during the upgrade, or it wasn't performed in full accordance with the instructions. We'd recommend to install a new version separately from scratch, see if it works for you, and then proceed with the upgrade. And testing the product in various situations is pretty much the only way to make sure it works.

Getting messages moved from another folder on top of the list isn't really a bug of WebMail. For performance reasons, WebMail Pro doesn't perform sorting messages on date when displaying message list, they're listed in natural order which works fine in most cases. But if you move message to another folder via IMAP, it gets on top of message list in destination folder. To work around that, set UseSortImapForDateMode to On in data/settings/settings.xml. It might slow things down a bit, but the messages order will be entirely correct.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

RuggieroAV

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote RuggieroAV

Igor,

As you see in my followup posts, I got things working. And, I was able to find - by looking at the page source of the webmail login page - that I was using version 6.6.0

Thank you, however for reminding me about the ImapSorting setting. To be honest, navigation of messages can be slow anyway, regardless of this setting, at least with my setup, so I will leave it enabled for a while and I think my users will be happier. That being said, aside from IMAP sorting logic, are there ways to speed up webmail's message-handling performance? I thought, in earlier versions, extensive caching was used to speed up message display. Is this still the case? (I also know webmail performance is highly dependent on the actual MAIL SERVER it is accessing).

Happy New Year!

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Online
Posted: 02 January 2013 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

We strive to ensure that messages are accessed as fast as possible, especially in case of IMAP. By default, current page of mails is fetched in background so when you navigate between messages they should be displayed in a blink. I am not aware of any methods which would allow to speed that up even further, and of course we keep optimizing this so there's a good chance things will be faster in subsequent versions. And certainly, a lot depends on IMAP server performance here, WebMail just cannot be faster than that.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version