AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Click on toolbar to re-order columns Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SleepyJohn

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:45am | IP Logged Quote SleepyJohn

I have been trying out afterlogic pro for a while and just recently discovered that I can re-order the message list columns just by clicking on the relevant icon in the toolbar - ie click Date to list oldest or youngest first; flag to list flagged mails first, paperclip to list mails with attachments first etc. This was a wonderful revelation, although it only seems to work with the inbox.

I then copied the afterlogic folder onto a different server with a different email address and the clicking to reorder no longer works. I cannot imagine what is different betweeen the two situations. Can anyone help? I seriously like that ability to so simply reorder the message list.
Back to Top View SleepyJohn's Profile Search for other posts by SleepyJohn

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Online
Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I assume you are using IMAP in both the cases, right? Most probably, the 2nd server doesn't support SORT, therefore WebMail is unable to change messages order. Using POP3 in that case might be a workaround, unless you use services like GMail which aren't really designed for POP3 access.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

SleepyJohn

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 2:01am | IP Logged Quote SleepyJohn

Wow, that was quick. Thanks Igor. I think my comment about different servers was inaccurate. They are on different domains hosted by the same company so I would have thought the imap setup was the same for both. However, if that is the likely explanation I will go to the host and ask them about it. Thanks again, Igor.

SleepyJohn

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 2:05am | IP Logged Quote SleepyJohn

I am not concentrating here. Both accounts use the same imap server so presumably that is not the problem?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 2:34am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Yes, it doesn't seem to be the case then. It could be something related to web environment differences between the machine, like some buggy version of PHP - we're speaking about PHP version of WebMail Pro, right?

By the way, how exactly the sorting doesn't work - are the column titles just non-clickable, or clicking them doesn't have visual effect, or the order is updated but still stays the same as before clicking?

Developers have actually confirmed that there's a couple of known issues with sorting, and the code related to this is being significantly rewritten now to be included in future releases. Hopefully, this will also address the issue you have encountered.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

SleepyJohn

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 2:58am | IP Logged Quote SleepyJohn

The column titles are non-clickable. It is the PHP version. So whether it is some slight difference in the environment in which each domain is situated I am simply not knowledgeable enough to know. I'll do a bit more experimenting and try to isolate something. I will try putting the exact same installation on the other three domains I have on the host and see if any pattern emerges. Probably not tonight though!

SleepyJohn

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged Quote SleepyJohn

Right, I have now put identical webmail installations (latest version) on two domains on the same host using the same imap server. If I access email@domainA through the webmail on domainA I get clickable links. email@domainA in webmail on domainB = no links: email@domainB in webmail on domainB = no links: email@domainB in webmail on domainA = no links. Only difference I can find is that in the folder list for email@domainA in webmail on domainA all the folders appear to be sub-folders of Inbox as they are indented from the Inbox. All other combinations produce a flat list of folders all aligned. The clickable links in the first combination only show for the Inbox - no clickable links for other folders.

Is this telling us anything?

SleepyJohn

Posted: 04 August 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote SleepyJohn

Another clue: I can only create a folder in email@domainA as a sub-folder of Inbox, whereas I can create a folder without a parent in email@domainB. This might be beginning to look like a pointer to the problem?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Although this might really become a starting point for the investigation, we can't tell anything for sure without having access to the IMAP account(s) in question. If you like, you can send access details securely via our HelpDesk.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version