Subject Topic: Quick Questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 13 December 2004 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote Guests

There are a couple of things I would like to do within Webmail.

First, I don't want the screen to be available for them to add a new account or the button that says add account. If I comment out the button, that fixes that problem, but if they go to the edit account screen and clear out everything in the address bar to the right of the ? then the add screen is visible. I realize I could go in and write some code saying

if request.querystring("mode")="" then
response.redirect "list.asp"
else

[webmail code here]

end if

would maybe fix it, but i wanted to see if there was a quick way to do it before I started writing code.

Next, I want to be able to by default when they login for the first time to set their smtp username and password. the pop3 username is the email and on smtp it is everything to the left of the @ in their email, so their account name.

Can webmail run without messagecensor installed?
What is the filters screen about?

Some of what I have talked about above may be available in verson 3.1, but I didn't know.
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 December 2004 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Quote:
First, I don't want the screen to be available for them to add a new account or the button that says add account. If I comment out the button, that fixes that problem, but if they go to the edit account screen and clear out everything in the address bar to the right of the ? then the add screen is visible.

To remove Add New account functionality: in add_new_account.asp, remove lines 112-125:

<% If mode = "add_new" Then
        If Len(fm_email) > 0 And Len(fm_pop3_server) > 0 And fm_pop3_server_port > 0 And
Len(fm_pop3_login) > 0 And Len(fm_pop3_password) > 0 Then
                intResultCode = AddNewAccount()
                If intResultCode = 0 Then
                          Response.Write("<p class='wm_regular'>Account <b>" & fm_email & "</b> has been created successful</p>" & VbCrLf)
                ElseIf intResultCode = 1 Then
                          Call WindowError("Account with e-mail " & fm_email & " already exist", 1)
                          mode = ""
                End If
        Else
                Call WindowError("You cannot leave Email, POP3 Server, POP3 Port, POP3 Login and POP3 Password fields blank", 1)
                mode = ""
        End If
ElseIf mode = "edit" And id_user_set <> 0 Then

and then, remove line 147:

Else
        Call PrintAddNewAccountForm()
End If %>

and remove "Add new account" button itlself: in function_user_settings.inc.asp, in Function BtnCreateNewAccount(), remove line 306:
        <br><input type="button" onClick="javascript:document.location.replace('new_account.a sp')" class="wm_button" value="<%=strCreateNew%>">

Quote:
Next, I want to be able to by default when they login for the first time to set their smtp username and password. the pop3 username is the email and on smtp it is everything to the left of the @ in their email, so their account name.

To set smtp username and password, you should edit RegisterUser function of functions_main.inc.asp. Currently, this function has the following params:
"Email", "Login pop3/imap4", "Password pop3/imap4", "Login SMTP", "Password SMTP", "SMTP authentication", "pop3 or imap4 protocol".

Params "Login SMTP", "Password SMTP" are the ones to set by you. For "SMTP authentication", set 1. For "pop3 or imap4 protocol", set 0 for POP3 and 1 for IMAP4.

RegisterUser function is called in check_login.asp line 118. In this place, you should add smtp login and smtp password params to RegisterUser function call.
Quote:
Can webmail run without messagecensor installed?

MessageCensor is required for proper displaying HTML-formatted mails.
Quote:
What is the filters screen about?

Filters allow you to mark some messages containing specified words as spam. The mails with this words will be greyed out during printing message list.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 14 December 2004 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Guests

Thanks man for all your help.
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register