AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Default Settings for new Users Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
konmax

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 November 2010 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote konmax

Hi All,

I just installed WebMail and so far, I'm pretty impressed ;-).But I do have a few questions about default settings for new users entering the system:

1)
"Show all IMAP-Folders" should be default

At first, I could not see all my existing folders so it was necessary to go to "manage folders" and mark all of them as visible (subscribe). There is not even the possibility to mark them all at once. Not easy when you have hundreds of folders.

-> Is it possible to set "Subscribed" as default for every user?

2)
Set time/date format to 24h instead of 12h with pm/am for new users. I could not find a settings for that either.

3)
In the admin panel it is possible to deactivate "The message pane is to the right of the message list, rather than below", but for every new users, it is active again. Can this be deactivated for new users?

4)
"Always show pictures in messages" -> same as issue #3

5)
Is it possible to set a smtp user and password as default for new users. In our environment, all web mail users do use the same credentials and it would be nice to set that automatically rather than tell every user to enter it manually.

I tried to set all that as default in the access database, but it got overwritten from the code for new users.

Many thanks,
Konrad
Back to Top View konmax's Profile Search for other posts by konmax

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I understand you're using ASP.NET version, right? Default user account settings are supplied in Account object, see App_Code/Account.cs file, some of the settings you're speaking of can be overriden there. As for subscribed folders, try adding modifications to App_Code\FolderCollection.cs so that folders are added to the list regardless of their subscription status.

As for SMTP username/password, those have empty value by default, which means IMAP/POP3 username/password will be used automatically.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

konmax

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 3:00am | IP Logged Quote konmax

Thanks the quick answer!

Concerning SMTP: We do use a different user/password setting as the IMAP connect. So, empty fields do not really help me. Is there any way to add them automatically when I new users logs in?

Thanks,
Konrad

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 3:17am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Are you saying that new user account is created on login in your case, and not explicitly via AdminPanel?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

konmax

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 6:16am | IP Logged Quote konmax

I'm using the asp.net version of WebMail and I just entered my login credentials (not using the admin panel) and I was able to login. All the users do exit on the mail server already. Once a user logs in for the first time, he gets an entry (settings, account...) in the database and in the settings table, the fields for smtp and password are empty. And that is exactly where I would like to have the default login data.

Konrad

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 01 December 2010 at 6:46am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Locate this code in App_Code\Account.cs file and replace it with this code. You'll need to supply SMTP login and password there.

While the code located in App_Code directory is recompiled by IIS automatically, you might need to force the recompilation by running compile.bat file found in root folder of WebMail Pro.

Hope this helps!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

konmax

Posted: 02 December 2010 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote konmax

Great - Thanks a lot!

Konrad

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login