AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: ’Localhost’ setting ignored Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
itproxy

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote itproxy

I have a main and a backup server, configured identically: webserver, webmail lite, mail server, MySQL, etc etc. Before maintenance on the main server, the entire contents are mirrored to the backup. Everything works perfectly on the backup server except the webmail interface; despite being set to collect and send mail via 'localhost' on default ports, I get 'can't connect, check your POP3 settings' error messages (and SMTP). The backup server is actually trying to connect to the LAN IP address of the main server, rather than 'localhost' or its own IP address. (The admin interface works OK, and I can check the settings are correct.) I assume there's some deeply buried setting created during installation - it was first put onto the main server - that is causing this, but what, and where? And why is this over-riding the settings in the admin interface?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Back to Top View itproxy's Profile Search for other posts by itproxy Visit itproxy's Homepage

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 21 October 2010 at 1:04am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Default settings would apply to new users only. For existing user, you need to log into the account and recheck user account settings. For this to work, users have to be allowed to change their settings.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version