AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Can’t Connect to pop3 server Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DigitalJedi

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09 February 2010 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote DigitalJedi

Hi All!

I have just installed After Logic Webmail pro with a free 5 user license.
Everything worked out perfect for the first 12 hours and the suddently the webmail system can't connect to my pop3 server. however all other mail clients is connecting without any kind of problems.

I have tried to run the debugging and the only thing it said was that it could not connect.. (Surprise :))

The wierd thing that it is starting of by working perfect and then without warning or any indication what so ever it stops working.

I can get it to work again if I reinstall my mail server software but that is not something I would do every other hour :)

I am useing hmailserver as the server software..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I really like this webmail so I am willing to spend some time figuring out what the problem is but unfortunatly I am stuck for the moment.

Kind regards
Nikolaj
Back to Top View DigitalJedi's Profile Search for other posts by DigitalJedi

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 9:14am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Still, the log file would be quite helpful. If AfterLogic's log is ok (I mean you see in the log it connects to a right port 110 and there is no SSL), you should then check the logs of hmailserver itself. Maybe, there is something like "application x exhausted the allowed limit of connections and the connection was refused)".

Webmail apps connect to mail server much more frequently than regular mail clients, and if the server is paranoid, it might start thinking the client is going to abuse it.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

DigitalJedi

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote DigitalJedi

OK I will try to check the log on hmailserver
meanwhile, this is the log of AL Webmail Pro.
mydomain.com is of course just a cover for my domain... :-)

[09/02/2010][17:30:07.43] INFORMATION:
   > [POST(1)] /check-mail.php?param=0.46965692576273643
   > ver.4.8.15 [SERVER-IP:192.168.1.10][USER-IP:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
   > PHP-5.2.10-2ubuntu6.4, Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu)
[17:30:07.43] :: connection time -> 0.000233173370361
[17:30:07.44] MySQL Query: SELECT * FROM Mail_awm_domains WHERE url = 'webmail.mydomain.com'
[17:30:07.49] MySQL Query: SELECT id_acct, acct.id_user as id_user, def_acct, deleted, email, mail_protocol,
                                 mail_inc_host, mail_inc_login, mail_inc_pass, mail_inc_port, mail_out_host,
                                 mail_out_login, mail_out_pass, mail_out_port, mail_out_auth, friendly_nm,
                                 use_friendly_nm, def_order,     getmail_at_login, mail_mode, mails_on_server_days,
                                 signature_type, signature_opt, delimiter,
                                 msgs_per_page, white_listing, x_spam, last_login, logins_count,     def_skin,
                                 def_lang, def_charset_inc, def_charset_out, def_timezone, def_date_fmt,
                                 hide_folders, mailbox_limit, mailbox_size, id_domain, mailing_list,
                                 allow_change_settings, allow_dhtml_editor, allow_direct_mode, hide_contacts, db_charset,
                                 horiz_resizer, vert_resizer, mark, reply, contacts_per_page, view_mode, imap_quota
                           FROM Mail_awm_accounts AS acct
                           INNER JOIN Mail_awm_settings AS sett ON acct.id_user = sett.id_user
                           WHERE id_acct = 1 AND mailing_list = 0
[17:30:07.50] MySQL Query: SELECT id_acct, signature FROM Mail_awm_accounts WHERE id_acct = 1
[17:30:07.50] MySQL Query: SELECT id_column, column_value FROM Mail_awm_columns WHERE id_user = 1
[17:30:07.50] MySQL Query: SELECT id_domain, name, mail_protocol, mail_inc_host, mail_inc_port,
                           mail_out_host, mail_out_port, mail_out_auth
                           FROM Mail_awm_domains
                           WHERE id_domain = 1
[17:30:07.50] INI_SET: memory_limit/set_time_limit = 200M/3000
[17:30:07.51] MySQL Query: SELECT p.id_folder, p.id_parent, p.type, p.name, p.full_path, p.sync_type, p.hide, p.fld_order,
                                      COUNT(messages.id) AS message_count, COUNT(messages_unread.seen) AS unread_message_count,
                                      SUM(messages.size) AS folder_size, MAX(folder_level) AS level
                           FROM (Mail_awm_folders as n, Mail_awm_folders_tree as t, Mail_awm_folders as p)
                           LEFT OUTER JOIN Mail_awm_messages AS messages ON p.id_folder = messages.id_folder_db
                           LEFT OUTER JOIN Mail_awm_messages AS messages_unread ON
                                      p.id_folder = messages_unread.id_folder_db AND
                                      messages.id = messages_unread.id AND messages_unread.seen = 0
                           WHERE n.id_parent = -1
                                 AND n.id_folder = t.id_parent
                                 AND t.id_folder = p.id_folder
                                 AND p.id_acct = 1
                           GROUP BY p.id_folder
                           ORDER BY p.fld_order
[17:30:07.52] POP3 : start connect to pop.mydomain.com:110
[17:30:07.60] POP3 <<:
[17:30:07.60] POP3 Error: POP3 connect() - Error:

DigitalJedi

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote DigitalJedi

Well you guys are great!
It workes like a charm again now... :)
my hmailserver got paranoia and bloked the my IP. (why didn't I think of that?) Anyway, it can always help with a pair of fresh eyes! Thx!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version