AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: PHP to administer Windows XMail Server Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mjk

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 November 2009 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote mjk

I am using AfterLogic Xmail server pro for windows but want to use your php webmail client to manage it instead of ASP.NET as I am going to customize the look of it considerably and have more experience with php to do that. Can I use the php webmail client to add user to the mail server also in addition to just the webmail client? So I want to use php admin panel for mail server installed on windows and your default is ASP.NET for this purpose.

Also I am using MySQL and using the same settings in PHP I was able to connect to the database but in the ASP.NET admin panel I got login unsuccesful even after selecing MySQL. When I clicked update the error I got made me think it is trying to connect to sql server even when I have mysql selected "Update unsuccessful! Error: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. "
Back to Top View mjk's Profile Search for other posts by mjk

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 November 2009 at 2:26am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Can I use the php webmail client to add user to the mail server also in addition to just the webmail client?

We only provide support for standard usage of our products, and Windows version of AfterLogic XMail Server Pro is designed to work with .NET webparts. However, it sounds like an interesting idea to get WebMail Pro PHP working with Windows version of XMail Server Pro. I don't promise anything but I will run a few tests in this direction. The most important thing is: do you use PHP along with IIS or, say, Apache?

Quote:
The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

This looks like MS SQL error, not MySQL. Make sure that you've selected MySQL and hit Save. If that doesn't help, try searching through Google in this regard.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

mjk

Posted: 03 December 2009 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote mjk

I had setup my account to send alerts when you reply and I did not get any and just checked and saw you replied. I am using PHP with IIS.

I made sure I selected MySQL and not MS SQL but it seems like it is still trying to connect to MS SQL.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 12:39am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
I had setup my account to send alerts when you reply and I did not get any and just checked and saw you replied. I am using PHP with IIS.

OK, I might be able to give this a try within next few days.

Quote:
I made sure I selected MySQL and not MS SQL but it seems like it is still trying to connect to MS SQL.

Strange that is. What trust level .NET webparts of XMail Server Pro are running under?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

mjk

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote mjk

I can connect to sql server but not mysql. I am running under Full trust level by setting it in web.config file using. Is there anything else I need to do. Does mysql need a different driver?

Also after saving connection for sql server and creating tables I clicked on domains tab and got this error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:6017"

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Does mysql need a different driver?

That's right, ODBC connector is required.

Quote:
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:6017

Are you sure that XMail service is running? Check Windows services, and try to access XMail via telnet:

Code:
telnet localhost 6017

Is there a response?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 07 December 2009 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Can I use the php webmail client to add user to the mail server also in addition to just the webmail client?

I have tested this, and ready-to-use technique is available now in the following Knowledge Base article:

Using XMail Server Pro for Windows with PHP web modules

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version