AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: IMAP Quota Support + winmail.dat Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jimbob

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 May 2009 at 6:53am | IP Logged Quote jimbob

Hi peeps,

I'm currently trialling Webmail Pro (PHP) along with a few other solutions before deciding which one to roll out to my 5,000 person user base.

There are two issues which are preventing me from making the purchase..

1. I cannot find a way for the webmail system to read IMAP quota's (rather than using its own internal quota system). All of my users have different maibox sizes so this is quite a big drawback.

2. winmail.dat attachments keep appearing when users of Outlook send us attachments. This is going to cause us endless support calls so it needs to be fixed before we can even think of implementing it.

I really hope these issues are on their way to being fixed as so far Afterlogic is the best webmail system I've tested. If it helps, both of the above work fine in Roundcube Webmail (GPL - so maybe you can borrow some source).
Back to Top View jimbob's Profile Search for other posts by jimbob

jimbob

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote jimbob

(sorry couldnt work out how to edit).

If it helps, here is the winmail.dat (TNEF) decoder class used in RoundCube:

https://svn.roundcube.net/trunk/roundcubemail/program/lib/tn ef_decoder.inc

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
1. I cannot find a way for the webmail system to read IMAP quota's (rather than using its own internal quota system). All of my users have different maibox sizes so this is quite a big drawback.

Full support of IMAP quotas will be added in upcoming WebMail Pro 4.6 which is to be released in a month or so.

Quote:
2. winmail.dat attachments keep appearing when users of Outlook send us attachments.

Currently, parsing winmail.dat files (TNEF attachments) is supported in WebMail Pro .NET only. We're going to add this in PHP version as well, but we're unable to tell now when it will be implemented.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

jimbob

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote jimbob

Great to hear IMAP Quota's is on the horizon. Do you have a mailing list I can subscribe to so that I am notified when 4.6 is released? I'd really like to hold out on making a purchase until I've had the chance to test this.

Shame about winmail.dat though. It looks like a job for rentacoder I guess :\

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Do you have a mailing list I can subscribe to so that I am notified when 4.6 is released?

You will be notified of new versions of our products via email if you specified your address when downloading the product.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

rob
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 06 November 2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote rob

Hello,

Is the problem of the winmail.dat attachments been resolved in the latest version of PHP Webmail Pro?

We are starting to get a lot of support calls regarding this and need to know if it has been fixed.

Also, we have seen a number of attachments come in that are supposed to be PDF's and webmail pro displays them as message.rfc822, which are not viewable.

We know the source PDF's are valid because the same email is also (remote pop box saves a copy for webmail pro to download, as well outlook downloads the same piece of email) downloaded by outlook and outlook receives it properly as a pdf.

Please advise asap.

Rob
Back to Top View rob's Profile Search for other posts by rob

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version