AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Login error: Tried username/password Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sangam100

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 March 2009 at 2:05am | IP Logged Quote sangam100

Hi,
I have just got the AfterLogin WebMail Lite for asp.net. I have installed it successfully. Admin login works well since username and password is already provided. But general login from default.aspx page is not working. The login credential I have do not contain email address. It is username/password pair. So I worked around to remove the email validation in the login page. Is this the right way? I mean should there necessarily be email address or username also works?

I am in the very primitive stage of using this product. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back to Top View sangam100's Profile Search for other posts by sangam100

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 March 2009 at 2:41am | IP Logged Quote Igor

You'll need any existing POP3 account to use WebMail Lite. Depending on server configuration, it may require either username or full email address as login.

You can customize login page of your WebMail Lite installation using "Login Settings" screen of Admin Panel; you can either hide login or email field. In the 2nd case, you'll need to specify domain name to use with this login. "Automatically detect and correct if user inputs e-mail instead of account-name" option may be useful to you as well.

Regards,
Igor
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

sangam100

Posted: 16 March 2009 at 4:12am | IP Logged Quote sangam100

Hi Igor,
Thank you very much. Finally I used Hide Email Field (third option in the email field), and it is working. After successful login I will be redirected to basewebmail.aspx page. Here are my three questions:

1. When I do click on any subject, nothing happens, although it shows the link while hovering over the subject link. I can not read the full mail. How could I read the full message by clicking on the subject?

2. Can WebMailLite be integrated with an existing asp.net web application? I saw in the index.htm in the doc folder that we need WebMailPro.dll for this process. Isn't there any option with WebMailLite?

Waiting for reply. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Sangam Uprety

sangam100

Posted: 16 March 2009 at 4:14am | IP Logged Quote sangam100

Sorry that I wrote "My three questions". Actually there are only two questions.

Thank you.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 March 2009 at 4:50am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
1. When I do click on any subject, nothing happens, although it shows the link while hovering over the subject link. I can not read the full mail. How could I read the full message by clicking on the subject?

Do you keep redirected to basewebmail.aspx or it occurs only occasionally? This file belongs to classic HTML version of user interface. By default, more efficient AJAX version is used, try replacing script name with webmail.aspx in address line.

Quote:
2. Can WebMailLite be integrated with an existing asp.net web application? I saw in the index.htm in the doc folder that we need WebMailPro.dll for this process. Isn't there any option with WebMailLite?

You don't need to use any DLLs in order to provide WebMail integration with your existing application, you should use WebMail integration API.

Regards,
Igor

sangam100

Posted: 16 March 2009 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote sangam100

Hi Igor,
Thank you very much. I did enable ajax in the adminpanel. Now I am able to preview the mail body in the inbox and view the detail also by double clicking it.

And following the link you provided for integration, I did successfully integrate the application into an existing asp.net web application.

After some inspection, I found that there is no feature of implementing signature in every mail that is sent out. Could you kindly suggest me about implementing signature in every sent email?

Thanks in advance.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 18 March 2009 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Could you kindly suggest me about implementing signature in every sent email?

You'll need to edit a function in BaseWebMailActions.cs file:
Code:
public void SendMessage(MailMessage msg)
  {
    if (_acct != null)
      {
        Smtp.SendMail(_acct, msg);
      }
    else
      {
        if (_acct == null)
           Log.WriteLine("NewMessage", "Account is null.");
           throw new WebMailSessionException((new  WebmailResourceManagerCreator()).CreateResourceManager().Get String("SessionIsEmpty"));
      }
  }

It should look like this:
Code:
public void SendMessage(MailMessage msg)
  {
    if (_acct != null)
      {
        msg.BodyHtmlText += "some text";
        /*or*/
        msg.BodyPlainText += "some text";
        Smtp.SendMail(_acct, msg);
      }
    else
      {
        if (_acct == null)
        Log.WriteLine("NewMessage", "Account is null.");
        throw new WebMailSessionException((new  WebmailResourceManagerCreator()).CreateResourceManager().Get String("SessionIsEmpty"));
      }
  }

Depending on whether you need to add text to plaintext or HTML message body, add text to BodyPlainText or BodyHtmlText.

Regards,
Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version