AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Which is better the PHP or .Net version Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tinwistle

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote tinwistle

Hi I have been having a lot of trouble getting the application to work in ASP.net ( I believe I am having problems getting the Admin folder to be an application on my iis server through Plesk 8.3

I have managed to get the PHP version installed and running except for some IMAP issues (maybe related to my server firewall).

My biggest question I guess is which version is better and more secure for the windows server? If PHP is fine maybe I will stop here.
Back to Top View tinwistle's Profile Search for other posts by tinwistle

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:40am | IP Logged Quote Igor

You can use any version you like, they have exactly the same functionality, and there is no security difference between ASP.NET and PHP versions.

WebMail Pro is a quite safe and secure application. Some security advisors like Secunia keep an eye open on our products and if they find a vulnerability, they inform us and we resolve the issues immediately.

There were no critical vulnerabilities found and the current version of the product doesn't contain any known non-fixed vulnerabilities.

Regards,
Igor
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

tinwistle

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:35pm | IP Logged Quote tinwistle

OK that sounds good,

How about this:

Do both versions consume about the same amount of resources or is one better than the other?

When purchasing a license am I entitiled to security patches? If a patch is required do you have a mailing list I am added to so I am aware of it?

Product seems to be running great on my Windows server(dedicated) as PHP, never could get the ASP.Net to work, more less gave up when the PHP version installed so quick.

Finally when setting up the application environments I set them up to run as isapi extentions and not CGI applications, is one better than the other on a windows server with your software.

Very happy with it.
Back to Top View tinwistle's Profile Search for other posts by tinwistle

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:09am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Do both versions consume about the same amount of resources or is one better than the other?

There is no significant difference in resource usage between these two version. However, PHP version may run into memory restrictions when dealing with large emails (10Mb or above), it's recommended to set memory limit in PHP configuration to at least 200Mb. WebMail Pro PHP attempts to adjust memory limit automatically in case if it's allowed by your PHP configuration.

Quote:
When purchasing a license am I entitiled to security patches? If a patch is required do you have a mailing list I am added to so I am aware of it?

It's recommended to visit product page periodically as we publish new versions from time to time, and you can upgrade to any 4.* version for free. We send notifications to our customers on new major versions only.

Quote:
Finally when setting up the application environments I set them up to run as isapi extentions and not CGI applications, is one better than the other on a windows server with your software.

We've tested both the modes and any of them should work fine though we recommend using ISAPI for Windows.

Regards,
Igor
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version