Subject Topic: Question about messages Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rob
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 September 2008 at 10:44am | IP Logged Quote rob

After a copy of an email is downloaded from the mailserver and inserted into the DB it is viewable as expected in webmail pro and i am able to read the contents of the email from within the program.

Then if I use outlook or another program to download the same email from the mailserver, this time removing it from the mailserver, as soon as I go back to webmail pro, it still shows the message, but an alert appears saying that the message has been deleted from the mailserver.

My question is if webmail pro is supposed to be using the database storage for reading the message, why does this alert appear, and why is the message no longer viewable from within webmail pro? It still shows up in the list of messages with a box, but the contents is no longer viewable.

hope this makes sense. It seems either i have a setting wrong, or a bug exists.

Rob
Back to Top View rob's Profile Search for other posts by rob

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 September 2008 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote Andrew

That's because current sync mode of your POP3 account (or Inbox folder for IMAP account) is "Headers Only". In this mode, WebMail Pro downloads and stores message headers only while message bodies and attachments are downloaded from mail server directly (but not stored in WebMail Pro storage) once you click a message to view it.

If you set "Entire Messages" sync mode, this won't happen anymore as entire messages will be downloaded and stored in WebMail Pro storage.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version