AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Some questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jony639

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 September 2008 at 12:29am | IP Logged Quote jony639

Hello,

After reading forums and test your online demo I still have 3 questions about webmail pro.

1. Is it possible to add new fields to the contact, such as phone or notes? I need at least 1 free text field since my users already have it on our current solution and they use it a lot.

2. If i use the file system instead of database, is it possible to open .eml files with other software like outlook?.

3. If i use the database store system, what happens if i decide to use other software?, is it possible to migrate the data through imap or pop?.

Thxs in advance and best regards,
Back to Top View jony639's Profile Search for other posts by jony639

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 September 2008 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Is it possible to add new fields to the contact, such as phone or notes? I need at least 1 free text field since my users already have it on our current solution and they use it a lot.

There are many additional fields available in Contacts, including those you mentioned. You should click the "Show additional fields" link to access them.

Quote:
If i use the file system instead of database, is it possible to open .eml files with other software like outlook?.

In case if "Entire Messages" synchronization mode is set, messages are downloaded to file system completely, including attachments, as standard .eml files, so you can open them in any email client e.g. Outlook Express.

Quote:
If i use the database store system, what happens if i decide to use other software?, is it possible to migrate the data through imap or pop?

This would be possible only if you have copies of those messages on mail server. There's no migration tool available for transferring messages from WebMail Pro database to a mail server or another email client, but it's possible to develop it.

Regards,
Igor.
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version