AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Just purchased Webmail Pro Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
PhilC

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 July 2005 at 4:32am | IP Logged Quote PhilC

Hi, Just want to make sure that I purchsed the correct items. We had downloaded the trial version of webmail that was good for 30 days, which has just expired. The program seems to be fine for our requirements so I just ordered the Webmail Pro for $199 to run on our server. Is there anything else that I need to get? I believe, the download was called objects, even though it was the webmail program, and I notice that Mailbee Objects is an actual product in addition to web mail. Is objects included in the webmail pro package or must that be purchased as well?

Great program and we look forward to receiving our copy.

Phil
Back to Top View PhilC's Profile Search for other posts by PhilC

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 July 2005 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote Alex

We offer two versions of WebMail products:

1) WebMail Lite (this is the one you can download from our web site). This is simple ASP application which allows users to access their POP3 mailboxes and send mail through SMTP.
WebMail Lite itself is free ASP app but is uses MailBee Objects mail engine for communication with mail servers. Thus, to register WebMail Lite, MailBee Objects product actually needs to be registered.

If you already have a license for MailBee Objects (for example, received it with WebMail Pro or used MailBee Objects for development of other products or services) no additional license is required to run WebMail Lite.

In other words, you may consider WebMail Lite as free ASP add-on to MailBee Objects.

2) WebMail Pro. This product is not available for trial download and can be evaluated through online demo only. This version behaves differently from WebMail Lite: the mail is downloaded into database first, much like Windows POP3 mail clients such as Outlook do. Thus, if someone deletes mail from POP3 account, it won't be displayed in WebMail Lite any longer but still persist in WebMail Pro.

Using database allows WebMail Pro to support mail folders, read/unread messages status, sorting, Address Book, filters, etc. Also, WebMail Pro supports Rich-text editor and few other features not related to databases.

WebMail Pro does include a license for MailBee Objects. Thus, when purchased WebMail Pro you receive everything you need.

And, once purchased WebMail Pro, you may still run WebMail Lite if you wish (you can use the same MailBee Objects license key for both versions of WebMail).

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 July 2005 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Just wanted to let you know that we have not yet received any confirmation regarding your order from our payments provider (share-it). Although it might be temporary delay due to banking issues, it's also possible that credit card charge was not authorized for some reason. Could you please email us your order details (email address and share-it Ref. No.) to support@afterlogic.com so we would be able to contact share-it for more information?

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version