AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: can’t login Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
quayfee

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 August 2006 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote quayfee

Hi, I've follews the initial setup proceedure for mailbeephp. I get no errors reported, however when I try to login to mailadm the page simply retirns to the login page.

I'm sure this is something simple that I've missed in the configuration, but any help would be most gratefully received.

TIA

Quayfee
Back to Top View quayfee's Profile Search for other posts by quayfee

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Such behaviour can be caused by specifying incorrect username or password during logging in. Default username and password are:
username: mailadm
password: 12345
Please try to log in using these values. If you have changed default password, please use the new password.

Also, \data\settings\config.php file may be corrupted. Please check it. There you can find the current mailadm password:

Code:

$config->global_password1 = '12345';

Please let us know if it helps.

If you are sure you specified a correct password, please provide us with URL pointing to your WebMail PHP installation and FTP access to this installation (including data folder) with write permission. You can send this information to support@afterlogic.com.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Also, please make sure settings_path.php file contains a valid path to the data folder.

quayfee

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote quayfee

Hi Izwerg,

OK, I'm a muppet! I had missed the trailing slash in the path to the dat folder in settings_path.php . As soon as I put that in everything kicked in to action

Thanks for your quick response!

Cheers

Quayfee
Back to Top View quayfee's Profile Search for other posts by quayfee

orosado

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote orosado

Hello to all,

Andrew wrote:
Also, please make sure settings_path.php file contains a valid path to the data folder.

I am having this same problem. Here's my situation:

1. Environment: I have IIS 6.0/Win2003 server/PHP 5.1.2.

2. PHP Extensions: I have all the required extensions loaded in PHP:
phpinfo()

3. Root folder location: The root application folder is /webmail/:
Webmail

4. Data folder location: The data folder is /webmail/data/. I had to install it in this location because I was unable to install it under the web root. But I have set the directory permissions disabled for anonymous access, but with read and write access. First I had set full access, but this made no difference and the folder needed to be inaccesible from the web anyway.

5. I have set the settings_path.php file with my physical root, which is a UNC file path because I have no physical path because this is hosted on gate.com. I got the path from the phpinfo() page I made.

Apparently this is working because I can browse to:
Webmail

But the stylesheet is not loading because Mailbee gave this path:
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="skins//styles.css" type="text/css" />

The double slashes may interfere. Either way, when I go to the Administration page:
Webmail Administration

I cannot login on the administration page, it just keeps repeating on an endless loop. I have made sure I am entering the correct username and password. And I verified the password on the /data/settings/config.php file.

What bugs me the most is that I have already installed Mailbee on an Apache server/Windows XP/PHP 4 machine with no problem. But with IIS 6.0 it seems to be not so easy.

Sincerely,
Omar
Back to Top View orosado's Profile Search for other posts by orosado

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 3:23am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Thank you for the links. We followed these links and found a wrong path to the data folder is specified in settings_path.php (you can see "Path to temporary folder is incorrect. WebmailPHP cannot run. Check "settings_path.php" file." message if you navigate your WebMail PHP start page). Due to the data folder is subfolder of WebMail PHP web folder in your case, you can specify the path in settings_path.php as $strIniDir = "./data/";

Best regards,
Andrew

orosado

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote orosado

Hello Andrew,

Andrew wrote:
Thank you for the links. We followed these links and found a wrong path to the data folder is specified in settings_path.php (you can see "Path to temporary folder is incorrect. WebmailPHP cannot run. Check "settings_path.php" file." message if you navigate your WebMail PHP start page). Due to the data folder is subfolder of WebMail PHP web folder in your case, you can specify the path in settings_path.php as $strIniDir = "./data/";

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion and placed "./data/" as the $strIniDir in the settings_path.php file, and now the page just loads blank. Just check the link I sent previously. I check the include() function on the login.php page, and it makes that this should work for me, but apparently it doesn't.

I am a PHP developer, and I know that when a blank page shows up in the browser, a code somewhere went wrong in PHP.

Could it be that I am missing a file access permission on IIS 6? I have placed full access on all webmail folders, and still nothing.

I am totally stumped...

Sincerely,
Omar

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Could you please provide us with FTP access with write permissions to the web and data folders of your WebMail PHP installation? Thus, we would be able to investigate the issue in more detail and resolve it for you. You can send this information to support@afterlogic.com.

Best regards,
Andrew

orosado

Posted: 31 August 2006 at 12:30am | IP Logged Quote orosado

Hello Andrew,

Andrew wrote:
Could you please provide us with FTP access with write permissions to the web and data folders of your WebMail PHP installation? Thus, we would be able to investigate the issue in more detail and resolve it for you. You can send this information to support@afterlogic.com.

Best regards,
Andrew

I went bakc to the settings_path.php file again and placed the following code:

Code:
<?php
$strIniDir = './data/';
?>

And voila! Problem solved. Apparently placing the string in double quotes is not the same as placing it in single quotes. Now everything works great. Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Omar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version