AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Confusion about Installation Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Sara

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 August 2006 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Sara

Hi !

i've windows xp, & acpache as a server for php. i've placed webmailphp folder(i've put the name of webmail folder as "webmailphp") & web folder in apache's folder htdocs. plz tell me that where should i place data folder & how to set its permissions. second, to enable imap module i've remove the ";" from 2 files, php.ini-recommended & php.ini-dist but i dont know that what settings r to be done in apache to enable imap module. plz tell me abt that. i still receive the msg on running "index.php" that "The IMAP module does not seem to be installed on this PHP setup, please see WebmailPHP documentation."

Thanx
Back to Top View Sara's Profile Search for other posts by Sara

chapulin

Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote chapulin

hi.

1- If you use apache over windows, you don't need set permisions of folders, no problem.

2- you don't need modificate php.ini-recommended and php.ini-dist you only need modificate your "php.ini" are you sure that you install php correctly? you can put in notepad:

Code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

and next save with .php extension, next put into your htdocs of apache, run apache and call these file example: http://localhost/some.php   and if you see a page with php information, your install correctly, so you can read a manual in internet how install php over apache.

greetings
Back to Top View chapulin's Profile Search for other posts by chapulin

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Сhapulin's recommendations are absolutely correct.

Also, please note, if "php.ini" file doesn't exist in your system at all, you should rename "php.ini-recommended" or "php.ini-dist" file (these two are templates of php.ini) to "php.ini" file. Usually, "php.ini" file can be found in PHP installation folder or in your Windows installation folder. Thus, you should place resulting "php.ini" file into one of these locations.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

Sara

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 9:10am | IP Logged Quote Sara

Hi !

Thanks to u all. i have run this code on my server and i can view all info about php. This shows the path of my php.ini file in
C:\PHP\php.ini. but i just can see three files in my PHP folder "php.ini-recommended", "php.ini-dist" and "php". There is no file of name "php.ini". is "php" file is the php.ini file ?? The type of this
file is "Configuration Settings" & it opens with notepad. and what settings have to be done in apache to enable imap module. plz tell me abt that.

Thanx

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

The file you found is php.ini file. It has no extension because Windows Explorer hides extensions of files with known types (can be turned off).

You should find in this file the following lines:

Code:

;extension=php_imap.dll
;extension=php_iconv.dll

and uncomment them:

Code:

extension=php_imap.dll
extension=php_iconv.dll

It is enough to make this to enable imap and iconv support in your PHP. It is nothing to be done with apache to enable imap support.

Best regards,
Andrew

Sara

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Sara

Thanks Izwerg, i didnt find the line ";extension=php_iconv.dll" bcz there is no php_iconv.dll present in my PHP\ext folder. but i have uncomment the line ";extension=php_imap.dll" in php file but still i receive the msg on running "index.php" that "The IMAP module does not seem to be installed on this PHP setup, please see WebmailPHP documentation. " What should i do now ??

chapulin

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote chapulin

hello, I'm use php 4.2.2 and the php_iconv.dll is here, but you can use the php_iconv.dll from the bin folder in your zip of mailbee, you can find in the bin folder all files requerid to mailbee worksfine

webmail_php.zip ---> search in bin folder and use these if you want.
Back to Top View chapulin's Profile Search for other posts by chapulin

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:12am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Have you restarted apache after uncommenting this line in php.ini? If not, please do it, because configuration is read from php.ini during starting apache.

Sara

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 11:10am | IP Logged Quote Sara

Thanks for ur quick response. I've restarted apache but still i received the same error as before on executing index.php "The IMAP module does not seem to be installed on this PHP setup, please see WebmailPHP documentation." how this problem will be solve ???

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Have you installed php_iconv.dll?

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Sara

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote Sara

sorry for bothering u ppl again n again. but i couldnt understand what should i do. i have placed php_iconv.dll file from WebMail PHP's bin folder into C:\PHP\ext folder and i have write a line "extension=php_iconv.dll" into php.ini myself. what should i do else to install php_iconv.dll ?? as my imap module is still not accessing from apache server & i receive the same error msg. Plzzz Help.

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

Does your PHP installation even know the extensions are at "php\ext" folder? The following is from PHP: Installation on Windows systems - Manual ("Installation of Windows extensions" chapter)
Quote:

The default location PHP searches for extensions is c:\php4\extensions. To change this setting to reflect your setup of PHP edit your php.ini file:

You will need to change the extension_dir setting to point to the directory where your extensions lives, or where you have placed your php_*.dll files. Please do not forget the last backslash. For example:

extension_dir = c:/php/extensions/

Please refer to this guide for any questions related to configuring PHP and its extensions.

Regards,
Alex

Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Sara

Posted: 26 August 2006 at 2:11am | IP Logged Quote Sara

Hi !

Thank u sooooooooo much. u've resolved my tension. the extension's folder reference was missing in my php.ini file. it was just "extension_dir=C:\php". now my webmail
is working. Many many many thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version