AfterLogic Aurora

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic Aurora
Subject Topic: Files and shared calendar Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tahunasky

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 November 2013 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

Hi, I have download a demo version of aurora. Its installed ok, but i can not get the files feature or shared calendar to work.

Files: I can create a new folder and delete it, however if i try to add a file it doesnt getting added - either using the UPLOAD FILES button or drag and dropping, in the root directory or in a folder i have created.
There is no error given.
I can copy the file over to the server manually, and it shows up in the files area in aurora, i can also view it (double clicking) or download it to the PC.
I am using Ubuntu Server 13.04, Apache with php 5.4.9-4.
I have set aurora/data/files directory owner and group to apache (www-data) which has full access.
Is there other packages that need to be installed ?

Shared calendar:
Personal calendars work fine, however i cant get the shared calendar to work.
I can click on SHARE CALENDAR, and add the email address, but nothing happens, and the + button is grayed out.
I have davCAL installed.

If i go to aurora/dav/ in web browser i get the following error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
-<d:error>
<s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotImplemented</s:exception>
<s:message>GET is only implemented on File objects</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.8.6</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

Is there any special configuration or packages i need.

thanks
Back to Top View tahunasky's Profile Search for other posts by tahunasky

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 November 2013 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Can you confirm that you've run the product installer at URL like http://your.domain.com/aurora/install/ and that you didn't get any error or warnings there? Installer checks if required PHP extensions are in place, and in terms of Ubuntu 13.04 packages, php5-mysql and php5-curl packages are needed, the rest of extensions should already be there out-of-box.

We might be able to assist you further on this and we'll need access to the system for that, contact us via HelpDesk if interested. And regardless, I'll run an independent check using a default Ubuntu Raring setup, to see if I get the same issue myself; wil take a day or two, I guess.

As for the error message you're quoting, you need to enable browser plugin as described here.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

tahunasky

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 1:08am | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply Igor... yes i did do aurora/install/, i didnt see any errors when i installed, and if i do it again i get this:

http://10.0.0.5/aurora/install/index.php?step=compatibility

PHP version: OK
Safe Mode is off: OK
MySQL PHP Extension: OK
PDO MySQL Extension: OK
Iconv Extension: OK
CURL Extension: OK
Multibyte String Extension: OK
PHP sessions: OK
Sockets: OK
SSL (OpenSSL extension): OK
Setting memory limits: OK
Setting script timeout: OK
WebMail data folder: Found
Creating/deleting folders OK
Creating/deleting files OK
WebMail Settings File: Found
Read/write settings file: OK / OK

Both php5-mysql and php5-curl are installed, and latest versions for ubuntu 13.04.

I enabled browser plugin as you stated above, and aurora/dav/ gives me a login dialog, now lists addressbooks, calendars etc.. however i can still not share a calendar.

As for FILES problem, i dont know if this is any help, but i am currently using mycloud without problems - i can drag and drop flies, so i dont think its a browser or package problem.
I have also checked apache2 logs, and no errors that i can find.

The server isnt facing the internet - its a test server, but if you have no luck in recreating the problem i will work out a way to give you guys access if its any help.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 1:13am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I see. One additional question regarding your initial post:

Quote:
I can click on SHARE CALENDAR, and add the email address, but nothing happens, and the + button is grayed out.

Are you entering email address of the account which is already there in Aurora? It won't work any other way.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

tahunasky

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 2:35am | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

Quote:
Are you entering email address of the account which is already there in Aurora? It won't work any other way.

No i didnt, they just got created automatically when the user firsts logged into aurora, and were added to the [User not in domain] list. However if i create the domain, the user is then automatically added to their correct domain (login is email address) and then calendar sharing works as it should.

FILES: have found out that if i go to aurora/dav and login, i can then go to the FILES/PRIVATE or CORPORATE and upload from there, and they then appear in aurora, and can be deleted.

Thanks for the help so far..

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:52am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Well, I tried to reproduce the issues with handling Files, but was unable to, everything works like a charm, with as closely reproduced environment as possible. The only suggestion I've got right now is to assign permissions for the entire installation, not just files subdirectory of data dir, so it'll be something like:

Code:
chown www-data:www-data -R /var/www/aurora/

As for calendar sharing, I confirm the issue, and we've just published the update which fixes several issues including this one. You can download the update here, hope it helps!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

tahunasky

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

Igor wrote:
The only suggestion I've got right now is to assign permissions for the entire installation, not just files subdirectory of data dir, so it'll be something like:

Code:
chown www-data:www-data -R /var/www/aurora/

FILES is now working thanks to your suggestion above. I changed ownership for whole aurora directory structure, and it worked, then changed it back to root, and went through and changed individual directories in /aurora/data.

It looks like the files are uploaded into the aurora/data/temp/ directory first before being put in the correct users directory so it needs to be owned by www-data/apache/httpd too along with settings and files.

I will try out the newer release, do a clean install on a test server and let you know of any issues.

Thanks for the help.. and aurora looks good..

tahunasky

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

Igor wrote:

As for calendar sharing, I confirm the issue, and we've just published the update which fixes several issues including this one. You can download the update here, hope it helps!

I downloaded and installed the updated version. It seems to all work great now.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 19 November 2013 at 3:40am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Whoops. It seems like a slightly different package was uploaded, the one designed for mailserver bundle. We've just uploaded the correct package, I'd advise to use this update instead, download URL is the same.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

tahunasky

Posted: 19 November 2013 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

Igor wrote:
Whoops. It seems like a slightly different package was uploaded, the one designed for mailserver bundle.

That explains why the install scripts were missing, i just copied over original version, and it all installed perfectly and works..

I will try the new download and let you know how it goes.

thanks

tahunasky

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 1:18am | IP Logged Quote tahunasky

I have installed the new version, and everything went as it should without a problem..
Thanks for all the help Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version