Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic MailSuite

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic MailSuite
Subject Topic: Where can I get the current source code? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bmalec

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote bmalec

Quick background:

I wanted to run my own mail server at home, so I wouldn't have to change my email address if I changed ISPs. MS Exchange was total overkill, so I tried AfterLogic Xmail Server Lite, which overall has worked out just about perfectly for me.

But, I've run into a snag: domains such as Hotmail won't accept email from me, since I have a dynamic IP. So I figured I could use DynDns's Mailhop Outbound as a cost-effective SMTP relay, and configure AfterLogic Xmail Lite to relay through that.

It looks like I could configure the DynDns mail server in Default SMTP MX gateways list, but I anticipate I'm going to run into a problem because I'll need to provide a username and password to authenticate myself to the DynDns mail server, which I don't think I can do with AfterLogic Xmail Lite out of the box.

Anyway, I figured I would take a look at modifying the source to allow me to do that, but it appears the source out on SourceForge.net is out of date. Where might I get the latest source?

Many thanks,

Ben
Back to Top View bmalec's Profile Search for other posts by bmalec

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 March 2009 at 4:48am | IP Logged Quote Igor

[DynDnsSetup] section of AfterLogic XMail Server configuration provides the possibility to handle dynamic IP domain registration to dynamic IP servers. One of those service providers is dyndns.org, check it for registration and additional info.

The string has the format :

server,port,HTTP-GET-String[,username,password]

For example:
Code:
members.dyndns.org,80,/nic/dyndns?action=edit&started=1&host name=YES&host_id=yourhost.ourdomain.ext&myip=%s&wildcard=OFF &mx=mail.exchanger.ext&backmx=NO,foouser,foopasswd

or
Code:
www.dns4ever.com,80,/sys/u.cgi?d=DOMAIN&u=USERNAME&p=PASSWOR D&i=%s

where :
DOMAIN = domain you've registered
USERNAME = username you get from service provider
PASSWORD = password you get from service provider

The %s in HTTP-GET-String will be replaced with the IP address to register.

Example:

Code:
"DynDnsSetup" " members.dyndns.org,80,/nic/dyndns?action=edit&started=1&host name=YES&host_id=yourhost.ourdomain.ext&myip=%s&wildcard=OFF &mx=mail.exchanger.ext&backmx=NO,foouser,foopasswd "

You can download the source code of AfterLogic XMail Server Lite v3.2.4 from the project page at SourceForge (19 Feb 2009), we're going to publish new release in a few days.

Regards,
Igor
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version