AfterLogic Forum : MailBee.NET Objects
Subject Topic: Attachment PartID Help ..... help .... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sukrw

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08 February 2011 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote sukrw

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I am coding a mail client that syncs the emails to a local SQL DB.

I need to retrieve the following fields back from the Mail Server: without downloading the entire email.

Subject
Date
Size
From
To
CC
UniqueID
MessageBody (text and html)
Has Attachments (true/false)
Attachment FileNames
Attachment PartIDs
Attachment Size

It is the last 4 fields I am struggling with (Attachment info). I am hoping to be able to just download header information rather than the FULL Email as the emails will contain some large attachments and I don’t want the sync to take a long time. Hence the reason to get the PartID and filename for each attachment. I want to then be able to give the user links to click if they want to pull down individual attachments.

If an email has 20 attachments, I don’t want to download all 20 files. I want the user to be able to select for example attachment4 (partID “4”) and to then go back to the Mail Server and download just that attachment.

Is this possible?

I have been using this:

envelopes = imp.DownloadEnvelopes(MailBee.ImapMail.Imap.AllMessages, False, EnvelopeParts.MessagePreview Or EnvelopeParts.BodyStructure, -1)

This was all fine until I added an email into the inbox with a 12MB attachment. It then took ages to get the envelopes. I am guessing it is pulling all the attachment information back using this method rather than just the header information?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

sukrw

Back to Top View sukrw's Profile Search for other posts by sukrw

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08 February 2011 at 4:25am | IP Logged Quote Igor

You supply -1 as the last parameter for DownloadEnvelopes, which means the message is
downloaded completely. Try supplying 0 instead, only envelopes will be obtained in that case.

Hope this helps!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version