AfterLogic Forum : MailBee.NET Objects
Subject Topic: can’t connect Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
abhisheks

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 June 2008 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote abhisheks

I can't connect to mail server. I am getting the error message
"Wrong account name and/or password. The server responded: MBN00000002 NO LOGIN failed.."
I am getting error when I am trying to connect using imap object,

object.Connect(serverName,PORTNUMBER) , it's giving me exception of type 'MailBee.MailBeeInvalidStateException'. It was working fine earlier. I have checked serverName and it's fine. PORTNUMBER I am using is 993.
Back to Top View abhisheks's Profile Search for other posts by abhisheks

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 1:07am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Quote:
I can't connect to mail server. I am getting the error message "Wrong account name and/or password. The server responded: MBN00000002 NO LOGIN failed.." I am getting error when I am trying to connect using imap object,

This means invalid credentials were used to log in or the server doesn't support (or support incorrectly) selected auth method.

Please make sure you use correct credentials. To do this, try to connect to the same server with the same credentials via another mail client like Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird.

If this doesn't help, please enable logging, reproduce the issue and provide us with the log file for examination.

Quote:
object.Connect(serverName,PORTNUMBER) , it's giving me exception of type 'MailBee.MailBeeInvalidStateException'. It was working fine earlier. I have checked serverName and it's fine. PORTNUMBER I am using is 993.

993 is a dedicated SSL port for IMAP protocol. Are you sure SSL is enabled in your application powered by MailBee.NET Objects? If yes, but it doesn't work though, the log file may help to figure out what's wrong.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

abhisheks

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote abhisheks

I figured out the problem. It was problem with server name, the server that I was trying to use changed its server name.
Back to Top View abhisheks's Profile Search for other posts by abhisheks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version