AfterLogic WebMail Lite

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite
Subject Topic: The button for viewing PDF files Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rased

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 20 October 2024 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Rased

The button for viewing PDF files does not appear in the Opera browser. In other browsers everything is fine. Any thoughts why this is so?
Back to Top View Rased's Profile Search for other posts by Rased

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Do you encounter the issue at our Live Demo as well? Also, what version of Opera are you on? I have just tested this with version "Opera One (version: 114.0.5282.102)" and the View button is there for me.

For viewing PDF files, we rely on the browser's functionality, and most modern browsers offer such a feature. If you're able to open and view a PDF file using the browser, you should be able to view one with WebMail Lite as well.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic

Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Rased

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 3:07am | IP Logged Quote Rased

Igor wrote:
Do you encounter the issue at our Live Demo as well? Also, what version of Opera are you on? I have just tested this with version "Opera One (version: 114.0.5282.102)" and the View button is there for me.

For viewing PDF files, we rely on the browser's functionality, and most modern browsers offer such a feature. If you're able to open and view a PDF file using the browser, you should be able to view one with WebMail Lite as well.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic

Yes, I understood the reason. If the browser settings are set to “Download PDF files”, then the view button will not be available.

Rased

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 3:19am | IP Logged Quote Rased

In the process of exploring the possibilities, I encountered another error. When creating a letter, attaching files, I can view PDF files, but not DOC and EXEL with names that contain Cyrillic characters. Previously, I could not view such files in any emails, but by changing the line in the module.php file like this \header('Location: ' . $sViewerUrl . $sHost . '?' . $sEntry . '/' . $sHash . '/' ); I was able to open such files. What other file can I change to get rid of this error?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 5:00am | IP Logged Quote Igor

That looks like a limitation of Microsoft viewer used by default, try switching to a viewer from Google as shown here:

Office document viewer

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic

Rased

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote Rased

Igor wrote:
That looks like a limitation of Microsoft viewer used by default, try switching to a viewer from Google as shown here:

Office document viewer

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic

It doesn't work

Rased

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote Rased

screenshot

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 21 October 2024 at 11:59pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Doesn't look like a correct value for "ViewerUrl" was supplied, it has to be as follows:

Code:
"https:\/\/docs.google.com\/gview?url="

And if the issue persists, please confirm if it occurs with any file, or just with a file that contains Cyrillics in its name.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic

Rased

Posted: 22 October 2024 at 12:40am | IP Logged Quote Rased

Unfortunately nothing has changed

Rased

Posted: 22 October 2024 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote Rased

This is the log. I think you can understand what's going on here. First of all, I was confused by the IP. This is the router's IP.

[08:04:24.32][b5eb0024] [GET][ip:192.168.1.1] /?file-cache/VkRPMGVfODRabUF6N1hXZ2V0Ql81M2x6QmVIM0RYR3ZNaFpSZER0cEhSd2xmMXZYbXVnSm9qTFFQY2RCZzRrUFlqOVJpREQyMHJCODVzVFpiZGZ0SFoxRDlJa1VOUkRpVDEyTDd1c05OUnpFUzdIU1V3ejNpcGtHRXpNa1c4NnFXWDRyemdFdnljTmF GRzFCMlNadlFnczNBQjNMc1pEaVNCajBBSW1FV1BDYzNobHdteXF1STZHbzJheTkyZGhYM3pySUpJR0RzOWVnblJwQ0NqNmZwMlhRQWdIX0J2UlV0WEVlbUZSSTBPTHZZbkFscEN4b3NRTWRiYXBzMTI3TmxMZ3FDN0Y4SE5vNWdsSlpIV080U1VMZ2F2TlNzZnlZWGt tVVoxcmdWUmo0Ny10NEs4RDNaeUJiMXJESzcteTZzcmx5akZtcG83UXJycm95SjlDWXVYUHNsaGxuWmI5SFFhWFpRaWtwRFB2T21paDRCYjRCUkoyWTNRSXpmR1pxbHNIZkRuOFBKQkhTTjEtMkRnZ0txNzNsaFl5YV9JR0xzN3dkOWwtZ2NEanBfQ0lUN2l4bUZjbWJ wdUJSZi1tUUIzaFlxRHVPdk02VGo0ZjR4OHVEQ19aTzJhSQ/
[08:04:24.32][b5eb0024] POST > []
[08:04:24.32][b5eb0024]
[08:04:24.32][b5eb0024] Exception: Aurora\System\Exceptions\ApiException: AccessDenied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\system\Api.php:1145
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\modules\Core\Module.php(823): Aurora\System\Api::checkUserRoleIsAtLeast(2)
#1 [internal function]: Aurora\Modules\Core\Module->EntryFileCache()
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\system\Router.php(103): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\system\Module\Manager.php(607): Aurora\System\Router->route('file-cache')
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\system\Application.php(132): Aurora\System\Module\Manager->RunEntry('file-cache')
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\system\Application.php(100): Aurora\System\Application->Route('file-cache')
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tkmail.su\index.php(21): Aurora\System\Application::Start()
#7 {main}, Code: 108, Message: AccessDenied

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 22 October 2024 at 4:35am | IP Logged Quote Igor

No idea off-head, the log basically says "Access denied", that's it.

I'd recommend to consider moving to Aurora Corporate which, unlike community editions of our products, come with guaranteed free support from Afterlogic, and it also allows for integration with OnlyOffice so you don't rely on external tools for viewing or editing documents. We can offer varions partnership options for Aurora, please contact us via HelpDesk if you're interested; in there, we can communication in Russian if it may help.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version