AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: user login and password? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JohnBee

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 December 2023 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote JohnBee

I am new to the Webmail Pro script, and have been testing it over the course of the past few days.

That being said, and while I am really enjoying the experience, I have been trying to wrap my head around the intended approach with respect to users logins - for example;

Assuming Webmail Pro is being used as a front-end email client for multiple users and domains, and that users can therefore add their own respective emails, then what would be the intended approach in-terms of the initial login?

My initial thought was that users would have a generic logic and password, after which they would then access their webmail account, and respective emails.

Though I have been been able to accomplish this in the /adminpanel/, and after adding a new user, as there is not option for a password beyond that of - adding a mainserver, which then offers the option of SMTP authentication?

Sorry if this is confusion, I guess I'm just not able to wrap my head around how logins would work, and in the event of giving users the option to add their own webmails etc.
Back to Top View JohnBee's Profile Search for other posts by JohnBee

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 December 2023 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

It is assumed that users log into their existing email account and supply the password they already have. So in typical case, there should be no need to add users via adminpanel - you just need to add one or several mail servers, and after that, users will be able to log into their accounts (this page may help as well).

As for changing account passwords as well as adding new accounts, those are optional, plus changing password isn't always possible from WebMail side as it depends on what email server backend is used (explained in detail here).

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

JohnBee

Posted: 08 December 2023 at 6:13am | IP Logged Quote JohnBee

Hi Igor - thanks so much for responding - I do appreciate the help.

That said, your first link does not appear to be working on my end, when I click, it appears to loop-back to the forum - and so, I wanted to ask if you might write-out the reference, so that I could look this up as well?

Thanks again for your help with this

John
Back to Top View JohnBee's Profile Search for other posts by JohnBee

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 December 2023 at 11:25pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Ouch, my bad. The link I intended to put there is:

Users and accounts in WebMail Pro

--
Regards,