AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic Aurora
Subject Topic: MailScheduledMessages problem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
solkmaaker

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08 March 2022 at 12:50am | IP Logged Quote solkmaaker

v9.3.1

Seems that cronjob that handles sending scheduled messages processes all scheduled messages in sequence, and if one fails - all following jobs also fail.

Scenario:
User1 has multiple mail accounts (User1 and User2) configured in aurora. He creates scheduled message for User2 account. Then, before scheduled send time has reached, he changes User2 account password (directly from User2 account in aurora or directly from central password management server. NOT from User1 aurora account).
What happens is: when it is time to send scheduled message, aurora account User1 fails to send it. This is normal, since User1 account does not have correct User2 account password any more.

But other users are affected by this. If User3 had scheduled messages on hold, those will not be sent since sending process fails on User1.

Back to Top View solkmaaker's Profile Search for other posts by solkmaaker

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 09 March 2022 at 12:11am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Thank you, developers will take a look.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 March 2022 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote Igor

We've just released version 9.3.2 of Aurora, MailScheduledMessages module was updated as well. Please let us know if it works OK for you now. Thanks!

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

solkmaaker

Posted: 31 March 2022 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote solkmaaker

Hello Igor

Nope, still same result.

If user has two mail accounts (user and user2) and user2 pass was changed from central server, then all sending fails.
user3 had scheduled message in Scheduled folder, time to send was after user2 scheduled message time, and user3 message just sits in scheduled folder unsent.

But, as soon as problem is fixed (user2 pass corrected on user1 webmail settings), then all scheduled mails that were waiting (including user3) are sent immediately.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 March 2022 at 4:56am | IP Logged Quote Igor

We weren't able to reproduce such an issue. Make sure you have version 0.10.6 of the module, you can check it in composer.lock file:

Code:
"name": "afterlogic/aurora-module-mail-scheduled-messages",
    "version": "0.10.6",

I've encountered a slightly different issue while checking it though, a message disappears from au_mail_scheduled_messages table even if it cannot be sent at the moment, so even if the password is updated to the correct one, the message won't be sent again. Have reported that one to the developers of course.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

solkmaaker

Posted: 31 March 2022 at 5:02am | IP Logged Quote solkmaaker

Aah yes. My bad.
I was testing it with old version.
Sorry about that, i'll let you know once i have tested it with new version.

solkmaaker

Posted: 31 March 2022 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote solkmaaker

OK, new version has a bit different behavior.

Original problem is gone, if one user sending fails because of wrong password, all other users mails will go out as expected.

But now, when user corrects its password in aurora, scheduled mail that failed is not sent out any more.

I have no opinion how it should be, on other hand, it would be nice to send those emails out when password problem is fixed, then again, since original send time is passed maybe sending out is not such good idea since user may have fixed problem days after original scheduled time and he does not want to send out those emails so far along in future from original scheduled time.

Also, in case of sending error, there is no more output from php script.
Would be nice for admin to receive some message that something is wrong in system. Then again, should admin receive messages when user has created problem to himself and this does not affect whole system work?
I don't know.

What do you think?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 March 2022 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
But now, when user corrects its password in aurora, scheduled mail that failed is not sent out any more.

Yes, that's exactly what I mentioned earlier:

Quote:
...a message disappears from au_mail_scheduled_messages table even if it cannot be sent at the moment, so even if the password is updated to the correct one, the message won't be sent again. Have reported that one to the developers of course.

That's a good point on whether the message should be sent afterwards, I do see pros and cons of both the possible options, but I'd prefer the approach which assumes sending those mails out upon fixing the password issue.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version