AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Automate Login from session variables Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 07 September 2004 at 4:45am | IP Logged Quote Guest

First let me say what a great job on your product, looks great and installation went smooth.

I am looking to integrate MailBee WebMail in a secured website (Using ASPSecured) I plan on using the same logon/passwords for the POP3 email account and ASPSecured.

What I am looking to do is replace/change the logon page of WebMail to automatically pull the session variables from ASP Secured < Session("securedbyuser") = "" >, not sure if I can grab the password from ASPSecured, so if not I may want to leave the password window intact in WebMail or pull it from the "Access" database that ASPSecure stores it in.

Currently I am using WebMail lite, but do plan on going to the pro as soon as I have the $$$

Thanks,
Bryan
Digital Web Designers
Back to Top View Guest's Profile Search for other posts by Guest

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 September 2004 at 5:33am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Yes, MailBee WebMail Pro supports the integration into existing systems (i.e. bypassing login screen) by providing RedirectUser object which allows to set user and mail server credentials from any external source.

However, Lite version does not provide this capability. You need to obtain Pro version in order to use RedirectUser object.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 08 September 2004 at 12:27am | IP Logged Quote Guest

OK, Thanks for your prompt reply
Back to Top View Guest's Profile Search for other posts by Guest

Sabrina
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 28 October 2005 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote Sabrina

Hi!

I have problems with the RedirectUser object. I set the properties like this:

set rUser = new RedirectUser
ruser.wm_email = rs("str_email")
ruser.wm_login = rs("str_email")
ruser.wm_password = rs("str_passwort")
ruser.userlogin()

The code redirects to the Login-Screen correctly (I know, the Login-Screen will only appear the first time, although I would like to avoid this), but there is not all the information taken over. Only the e-mail address field is filled correctly, login and password fields are empty :-(. When I click on "Advanced Login" even the e-mail address field is empty (so there are no fields filled except the fields defined in the administration tool).

Could you please help me too? Is there an opportunity to bypass the Login-Screen even at the first time (so the user-information will save automatically)?

thanks

Sabrina
Back to Top View Sabrina's Profile Search for other posts by Sabrina

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 28 October 2005 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

Could you please provide the information which version of WebMail product you're using? E.g. WebMail Lite, WebMail Pro v3.0, v3.1, v3.2, etc?

Perhaps, this problem does not exist in the current versions of WebMail apps, since we cannot reproduce it now.

Also, in the current versions of WebMail Lite and WebMail Pro applications, Login screen does not appear even at the first time (if the login information is correct).

Regards,
Alex

Sabrina
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 02 November 2005 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Sabrina

Hi Alex!

Thank you for your answer! I use WebMail Pro v3.2 (i just bought it 2 weeks ago).

I followed the instructions on the help-Site "How to integrate WebMail into another system". There is no data in the User-Table at this time. The ideal process would be that the user gets logged in automatically if the user exists in the user-table and if not, the user should be saved in the user-table automatically and log in after that.

I have no problem importing all my users into this table, i just need to know if i have to do this ;-).

Regards,
Sabrina

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 02 November 2005 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

RedirectUser object works just in the way you described:

If the user which is not yet registered in WebMail Pro database, attempts to log in, WebMail Pro checks if the user with such credentials exists on the mail server. If it does, WebMail Pro automatically registers this user in the database, and the user is logged in.

Thus, you do not need to manually import all your users into WebMail Pro wm_users table.

Regards,
Alex

Sabrina
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Sabrina

Alex wrote:
...WebMail Pro checks if the user with such credentials exists on the mail server. If it does, WebMail Pro automatically registers this user in the database, and the user is logged in...

Hi Alex!

Thank you, that was the point... i tested it with an e-mail address which did not exist at that moment. It works fine now.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Sabrina

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version