AfterLogic Forum : MailBee SMTP
Subject Topic: SendEx and ReplyToAddr in Outlook Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
VTsoftware

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 February 2018 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote VTsoftware

Hi,

We have been using MailBee Objects with good success from our desktop application. I have recently modified our app so our customers can send emails from shared exchange mailboxes, and it is working fine, except when I try to set a different reply-to address.

The scenario is this: mail should be sent from a shared mailbox called support@company.com but replies should come back to a specific person, such as mary@company.com

When I use SMTP.SendEx and pass the shared mailbox as sender, and the reply to address is the same as shared mailbox, the email in both Outlook and Gmail clients shows the shared mailbox support@ as the sender, which is perfect.

When I specify a ReplyToAddr of mary@ and sendex to a test recipient with a gmail account, and open the email in gmail, the email looks like it comes from Support@, and a reply goes to Mary@ which is perfect.

BUT - when I specify a ReplyToAddr of mary@ and sendex to a test recipient with an exchange email, and open the email in Outlook, the email looks like it comes from Mary@, not from Support@, which defeats the purpose of sending from the shared mailbox.

I tried both the replytoAddr property and setting reply-to in the header, it makes no difference.

I realize this seems to be an Outlook/Exchange-specific issue, but I am wondering if there is another property or approach I can use to get the desired result?

Thanks!

Back to Top View VTsoftware's Profile Search for other posts by VTsoftware

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01 March 2018 at 1:58am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Hi,

Let's solve one issue at a time. Because in one case you're using Exchange and Outlook while in another - only Gmail. So two factors are changed at once. Let's stick with changing only one at a time.

What happens if you're using Gmail account and Outlook? E.g. is there are any difference when you view the same email via Gmail web interface and via Outlook?

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version