AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: Connect to mailserver on localhost Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jmu01

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 March 2016 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote jmu01

Hi,

As a newbie I have a question about AL Webmail lite. I can connect to the mailserver of several external domains, but I can not connect to the mail server that is running on the save (local) server. It seems that you have to login using a username with a domain (me@somewere.nl), but then I see in te log that the login Authentication has failed.
I also changed the setting to login without a domain, but then I get an exception error and also no login.

What is the trick to login in my local server?

Thanx

Joop
Back to Top View jmu01's Profile Search for other posts by jmu01

rsantellan

Posted: 03 March 2016 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote rsantellan

Whats the output of the log? It should give you a clue of what is happening.

Regards.
Back to Top View rsantellan's Profile Search for other posts by rsantellan

jmu01

Posted: 04 March 2016 at 2:19am | IP Logged Quote jmu01

This is what I see in the logging:

------------------------------------------
#0 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/afterlogic/common/managers/webmail/manager.php(141): CApiUsersManager->createAccount(Object(CAccount), true)
#1 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/afterlogic/common/managers/integrator/manager.php(812): CApiWebmailManager->createAccount('Me@MyServer...', 'XXXX', 'Dutch', Array)
#2 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/ProjectCore/Actions.php(2883): CApiIntegratorManager->loginToAccount('Me@MyServer...', 'XXXX', '', 'Dutch')
#3 [internal function]: ProjectCore\Actions->AjaxSystemLogin()
#4 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/ProjectCore/Service.php(302): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/ProjectCore/Boot.php(12): ProjectCore\Service->Handle()
#6 /var/www/html/webmail/index.php(104): include('/var/www/html/w...')
#7 {main}
[18:06:30.04][960b1bc7] IMAP[NOTE]: Disconnected from "tcp://127.0.0.1:143" (success)
[18:06:30.05][960b1bc7] Exception[1004]: Authentication failed
~ /libraries/afterlogic/common/managers/users/manager.php (517)

This is what I see when logging in with the username plus domain (changed my name and password in the data above). The mailserver does not log me in when I want to log in with this name.

So I changed the setting to log without a domain name. Then I get this message in the log:

[10:18:32.76][68b52633] [POST(7)][ip:10.1.0.58] /webmail/?/Ajax/
[10:18:32.76][68b52633] POST > [Action, Email, IncLogin, IncPassword, SignMe, AccountID, Token]
[10:18:32.76][68b52633]
[10:18:32.76][68b52633] AJAX: Action: SystemLogin
[10:18:32.77][68b52633] exception 'ProjectCore\Exceptions\ClientException' with message 'ClientException' in /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/ProjectCore/Actions.php:2854
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: ProjectCore\Actions->AjaxSystemLogin()
#1 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/ProjectCore/Service.php(302): call_user_func(Array)
#2 /var/www/html/webmail/libraries/ProjectCore/Boot.php(12): ProjectCore\Service->Handle()
#3 /var/www/html/webmail/index.php(104): include('/var/www/html/w...')
#4 {main}

There is no info about logging in into the mail server in the logfile.

Someone an idea?

Joop

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 March 2016 at 2:38am | IP Logged Quote Igor

In the 1st case, it's about authentication error - while in the 2nd one, the credentials aren't accepted due to validation error, as in, login form is configured to accept full email address but just username is entered. Try changing login page settings as described here, and see if that helps.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

jmu01

Posted: 04 March 2016 at 9:10am | IP Logged Quote jmu01

Thanx Igor,

Your answer worked in the end, but only after a complete re-install, because of messing up the database en the setup. The re-install was easier then a repair...
The only question I have now: I set the LogInFormType to Both, but then I need to fill in an email address every time. I also want to be able to use AL Webmail for external mail servers. Do you have a solution for this?

And how can I use/edit the database?

With regards,

Joop

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 07 March 2016 at 2:34am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
The only question I have now: I set the LogInFormType to Both, but then I need to fill in an email address every time.

That's right. This scenario, however, is a rarely used one; in most cases, mail server login matches either email address or its username part.

Quote:
I also want to be able to use AL Webmail for external mail servers. Do you have a solution for this?

Is my understanding correct that you need one installation of WebMail Lite to access multiple email servers? If so, that's where you're going to need WebMail Pro as it's designed to have multiple domains and each of those can have different IMAP and SMTP settings.

However, it's fairly easy to achieve that same idea with WebMail Lite, using the following plugin:

Override default domain settings

Quote:
And how can I use/edit the database?

AfterLogic WebMail doesn't include any tools for managing the database, you would need phpMyAdmin or some other tool of that kind.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

jmu01

Posted: 09 March 2016 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote jmu01

Thanx Igor again for all your answers.

But there is one thing I do not understand: when I set the LoginFormType to Login, I can not login. It's only possible to login when the type is set to Both AND the email address is filled in. How do I attach the email address to the username, or do I need to fill in a default email address, or what? Or do I need to fill in a default domain?
I think I'm on the wrong way somewhere.

I hope you are willing to help me again...

Joop

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 11 March 2016 at 1:43am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Did you supply LoginAtDomainValue parameter per this documentation page? Also, you might want to try UseLoginWithoutDomain set to both On and Off, one of those should work for you.

Also, are you able to log in if you have LoginFormType set to Email?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

jmu01

Posted: 11 March 2016 at 2:25am | IP Logged Quote jmu01

Hi Igor,

Thanx again. Yes, I use LoginAtDomainValue now to log in into my account. That seems to work. LoginFormType is set to Login and UseLoginWithoutDomain is set to Yes.
For using AL Webmail to log in into a mailadres of another domain, I installed another version in a other map and changed the domain name.
Perhaps a complicated way of working. But I want to login using only username and password, and NO complete email address.
The next period I'm going to test this setup.

Thanks for your patience and your help.

Joop

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version