Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Teodor Florescu
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 03 March 2006 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Teodor Florescu

It's my first use of MailBee Webmail.
I've moved files on the server
I've made setting of data directory to CHMODE 766, but i get "Permission denied" error.
see: http://www.xcom.ro/webmail/

**** error msg ***

Warning: main(data/settings/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php on line 9

Warning: main(data/settings/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php on line 9

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'data/settings/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php:8) in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/session.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php:8) in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php on line 22

*** if i do not set, for data directory, CHMODE TO 766, AND I LET IT ON 715, WITHOUT WRITE PERMISSION, SOME OF FIRST LINE DISSAPEAR.

**** error msg2 ***

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php:8) in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/session.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php:8) in /hsphere/local/home/teodor/xcom.ro/webmail/index.php on line 22

Back to Top View Teodor Florescu's Profile Search for other posts by Teodor Florescu

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06 March 2006 at 11:04am | IP Logged Quote Alex

These errors are usually caused by the fact of occurrence of odd characters in settings_path.php and config.php files. There is only PHP code block allowed in this file. This note also regards to all .php files altered by you. There must not be any spaces, tabulations or empty lines outside the PHP code block.

For instance, if you inserted empty line before <? or after ?> when editing this file, you'll get these errors.

Thus, you should check settings_path.php, config.php and all .php files altered by you and cut all odd characters. These files must
strictly start with <? and end with ?>

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

buxton161

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 6:06pm | IP Logged Quote buxton161

What the Heck dose this mean ????
I only have the Error #1 Path to the data folder is incorrect. WebMail cannot run. Check "settings_path.php" file.
Error #2 The ICONV module does not seem to be installed on this PHP setup.
And My path is correct,
$strIniDir = 'c:/webmailphp/data/ ';

If IMAP module is still not available, make sure php_imap.dll exists in PHP extensions folder on the web server. Path to the PHP extensions folder is specified in extension_dir variable of php.ini file. By default, PHP folder is "C:\path_to_php\ext\".

Make sure ICONV module is enabled. To check this, navigate to http://yourserver.com/webmailphp/index.php. If you see ICONV module connection error, you should enable ICONV module using the settings of your PHP engine. Make sure php.ini configuration file references php_iconv.dll module. Corresponding "extension = php_iconv.dll" line must not start with ";". If it does, remove ";" character, save the file, and then try to navigate to http://yourserver.com/webmailphp/index.php again.

If ICONV module is still not available, make sure php_iconv.dll exists in PHP extensions folder on the web server. Path to the PHP extensions folder is specified in extension_dir variable of php.ini file. By default, PHP folder is "C:\path_to_php\ext\".
Back to Top View buxton161's Profile Search for other posts by buxton161

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote Andrew

The first error means the path to the data folder is incorrect or there is no permission to read the data folder.

We found your path contains an unnecessary space:

$strIniDir = 'c:/webmailphp/data/ ';

Please eliminate it and try again. Also, please grant "Full Control" permission to "Everyone" user over the data folder and all its contents.

The second error means ICONV module is not available in your PHP installation. Please complete steps described in the documentation.

To check which modules are available in your PHP, create a test file in the web folder of your WebMail Lite PHP installation with the following contents:

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

And run it through your web-browser, you'll see the complete configuration of your PHP.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version