AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: multi domain and multi account Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
percepts

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:51am | IP Logged Quote percepts

Hello,

I run 4 domains with approx 6 email accounts on each one. I'm looking for a webmail client which allows a single login (administrator level) where you can switch between domains and accounts in those domains without having to logout and back in to each email account.
I think afterlogic webmail pro can switch between ( not sure ) email accounts but can it switch between domains as well or does it do both based purely on email account domain.

thanks
Back to Top View percepts's Profile Search for other posts by percepts

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:58am | IP Logged Quote Igor

WebMail Pro certainly allows for switching between accounts, and domain is not relevant here in any way. If you have some user@domain.com account, you can add any number of accounts to it, and switch between them with a dropdown tool. No matter which account you add, you would need to specify full set of IMAP/POP3 and SMTP credentials. And yes, I do mean ANY number of accounts: from licensing point of view, such grouped account still counts as 1 user.

However, it's important to understand: this approach is only designed for users themselves. It doesn't allow administrator to enter their accounts, which of course is still possible if administrator knows the accounts passwords.

NB: WebMail Pro is available for full-featured 30-days trial, and we strongly advise to run evaluation prior to purchasing a license.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

percepts

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 6:25am | IP Logged Quote percepts

thnaks, I'll have a look at the evaluation
Back to Top View percepts's Profile Search for other posts by percepts

asta-due

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged Quote asta-due

"However, it's important to understand: this approach is only designed for users themselves. It doesn't allow administrator to enter their accounts, which of course is still possible if administrator knows the accounts passwords."

I desire the opposite. I evaluated the previous version and I think it was possible for the admin to create accounts in the admin panel. But now, it's no longer possible. As Admin, I want to have complete control. I set up all the multiple accounts myself and only give the user the password to the main account.

It is possible to deactive the add new account feature but the user is still able to see and edit the settings of the additional account that was added. I don't want the user to see the account settings. So how can I (programmatically) hide (and display) the Properties tab? What is "Allow users to access accounts settings" meant for? It seems like this is what I want but checking this box has no effect. Alternatively, the additional account under properties should appear exactly like the main account where one sees and can edit only the name. But the admin should be able to see everything somewhere.

Also, it would be nice that the default settings of the domain are automatically entered as default when adding a new account. In my case, it's the same e-mail server/domain but just that each user has access to more than one e-mail account. So if I have 50 users each with 2 accounts, I don't want to enter the same mail settings 50 times.

I am currently evaluating this product and hope to purchase the license if I can find a workaround for my concerns.

Thanks            
Back to Top View asta-due's Profile Search for other posts by asta-due

asta-due

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:22am | IP Logged Quote asta-due

Also, I don't want the user to be able to edit the signature. I also want to control this feature.
Back to Top View asta-due's Profile Search for other posts by asta-due

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:57am | IP Logged Quote Igor

None of the features you're interested in are supported out-of-box. We do allow the source code modification so you can implement anything you require. That, however, would be beyond free support scope. If you require assistance from the developers team on this, this can be arranged in terms of Professional Services contract.

Quote:
I evaluated the previous version and I think it was possible for the admin to create accounts in the admin panel. But now, it's no longer possible.

Well there is a "New User" button in "Users" section of AdminPanel, but it's only about adding primary accounts, it was never possible to add linked one through AdminPanel.

Quote:
What is "Allow users to access accounts settings" meant for?

It's about being able to modify mail server access details. In general, it only makes sense if the accounts are added to default domain, otherwise those settings are inherited from domain configuration anyway.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version