AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Newbie install ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
spudjr

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 February 2012 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote spudjr

Have a dedicated windows 2003 server with Hmail server installed. Want to install Webmail pro PHP since PHP is already installed for the mail server.
Questions, will I need to install mysql community database or can I use the sql database that got installed when I installed Hmail.
Second question, what is the difference between Pro and Lite versions. Does the Pro revert to Lite after the 30 day trial period to Lite with less features?
Finally would it be easier or more advisable to install the .NET version or would it really matter.
Incoming and outgoing mail on non-standard ports. Can this be accomadated?
Basically using this in a lab type environment so there really wont be many email accounts or traffic. Thanks in advance!

Back to Top View spudjr's Profile Search for other posts by spudjr

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 February 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Questions, will I need to install mysql community database or can I use the sql database that got installed when I installed Hmail.

WebMail Pro PHP can only work with MySQL, so in case if your hMailServer uses MySQL already you can use the same database - but only in that case.

Quote:
Second question, what is the difference between Pro and Lite versions.

You can find the comparison table here. If you're looking for free support from AfterLogic, you should the Pro edition.

Quote:
Does the Pro revert to Lite after the 30 day trial period to Lite with less features?

No, it simply stops working, you'll need to purchase a license if you'd like to keep using the product.

Quote:
Finally would it be easier or more advisable to install the .NET version or would it really matter.

ASP.NET version isn't currently under active development, but it offers a few integration features which are not available in PHP version.

Quote:
Incoming and outgoing mail on non-standard ports. Can this be accomadated?

Sure, you can supply custom ports when configuring your domain(s) in AdminPanel.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version