AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: More Than One Domain Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
gnarf

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 13 May 2004 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote gnarf

I just purchased WebMail Pro and I'm running it on Windows Server 2003. I have a Windows question that I hope you can answer or at least point me in the right direction:

I have been using POP3 email succesfully for my business for some time. I just registered a new domain name for my family to use and I want to use the same email address on the same server.

I have the work domain in my POP3 configuration (workdomain.com)
and now I just added the family domain (familydomain.com)

How can I use the same email address account name with both domains?

For example, the following two email addresses can't exist in both domains at the same time:
drew@workdomain.com
and
drew@familydomain.com

I don't have any problems adding a NEW account name to my familydomain.com. For example, I can add:
newuser@familydomain.com
and it works perfectly.

I just want to know how to use "drew" for two seperate email accounts on the two spereate domains.

Thanks!

Drew (gnarf)
Back to Top View gnarf's Profile Search for other posts by gnarf

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 May 2004 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Windows 2003 POP3 Service uses "Local Windows Accounts" authentication method by default. This method does not allow multiple users with the same name (even if they belong to different domains).

To enable mail accounts independent of Windows accounts, select "Encrypted password file" in "Authentication method" dropdown list in POP3 Service properties. You will be prompted to restart POP3 service. After restarting, you will be able to create multiple "drew" mail accounts on different domains.

Important note: "Authentication method" dropdown is grayed if any domains already registered in POP3 service. To be able to change "Authentication method", you need to delete all domains with all their mailboxes first.
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version