AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: create new account Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Alidad

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 April 2009 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote Alidad

Hi, I have mailbee php pro, and i have create new ccount in email server from control panel.

But what I want to setup email account in php mailbee pro from my own form instead of going to mailbee pro adminitration.

After I have crated forms and test for some reason i got error message said "Wrong email/login and/or password. Authentication failed." is clear that erorr message is works becuase that error message come from one of mailbee pro file.

but in the forms i must have something missing, becuase is not allow me to create user name and password from the forms for mailbee pro intead of going to admin page.

please see code and see what did i missed.

they are two files one is for create php file wich is called create.pp

<?php
   if (isset($_POST['newlogin'])) {
     include('integr.php');
     $Integr = new CIntegration();
     $login=$_POST['newlogin'];
     $email=$login."@ourdeafworld.c om";
     $passw=$_POST['passw'];
     if(!$Integr->CreateUser($em ail, $login, $passw))
       { echo $Integr->GetErrorString()."<br />";
        // instead of using echo, you can use header("http://url/")
        // to redirect user to any URL in case if signup fails
       }
     else
       {
?>

and then in createing form is called createuser.php

<form action="create.php" method="post">
<p>user name:
    <input name="newlogin" type="text" id="newlogin" />
</p>
<p>password:
    <input name="passw" type="text" id="passw" />
</p>
<p>
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" />
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
</form>

what will happen is that when sending data to create.php i get error message said "Wrong email/login and/or password. Authentication failed."

what did i missed and how can i solve this.

please help thanks.

AM
Back to Top View Alidad's Profile Search for other posts by Alidad

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Most probably, this is happening because you're trying to add WebMail Pro account with CreateUser method before creating an appropriate account on your mail server. Make sure you create mail server account before adding it to WebMail Pro with integration API.

We've sent you detailed info on this via email.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Alidad

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote Alidad

I have created three different user name and password in cp and and I tried to create same user name and password in my own forms to send data to the mailbee software but i'm kept getting same errors message.

I event tried with user name and password that already exit in mailbee and it said the user name is already exit.

I must have missing something somewhere any idea!

please help!

Thanks.

AM
Back to Top View Alidad's Profile Search for other posts by Alidad

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

When creating a user account with CreateUser method of integration API, you need to make sure that corresponding POP3/SMTP server information is specified in Common Settings screen of WebMail Pro. The PHP code sample you have should work fine in this case. Of course you should make sure that you specify proper credentials. You'll need to know whether username or full email address is used as login for your mailserver.

If you need to create WebMail Pro account for different POP3 server, CreateUserFromAccount method should be used instead. Check Example 4 for details on this.

Additionally, I don't see how this thread is connected with MailBee SMTP component so I'm moving it to WebMail section.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

mrkwong

Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:37pm | IP Logged Quote mrkwong

Igor wrote:
Most probably, this is happening because you're trying to add WebMail Pro account with CreateUser method before creating an appropriate account on your mail server. Make sure you create mail server account before adding it to WebMail Pro with integration API.

We've sent you detailed info on this via email.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

It seems like i am having this problem also, can i have the detail email u sent?   I don't under what you mean by webmail pro account and mail server account. I thought these are the same thing.

Thanks!!
Back to Top View mrkwong's Profile Search for other posts by mrkwong

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 29 May 2009 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

With WebMail Pro, you can only acces existing email accounts. This may be an account you have at email service provider, account granted by your ISP or an account you have hosted along with you domain name. If you can access your email account with mailers like Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird, you should be able to access it with WebMail Pro as well.

WebMail Pro license limits number of users, and by default, users are unable to create their own webmail accounts; WebMail Pro administrator adds user account via Admin Panel. Again, to create account in WebMail Pro, appropriate account should already exist on mail server. You cannot create new mailserver account or change account password from within webmail as standard mailing protocols (POP3/SMTP/IMAP) do not support this.

If you'd like AfterLogic Support team to help you on any particular issue, please submit your request via our HelpDesk. Be sure to specify the product you use as well as its version. Thank you.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version