AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: How can I use the software? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tinwistle

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote tinwistle

Can I supply it free of charge to my website & hosting customers as an installed application (maybe basic webmail functions through lite and and upgraded service which includes pro?)

I was thinking of getting a 100 person license.

is there a way I can let someone create a new account automatically that is separate from the rest of my users?

Is every email address set up in Webmail pro a seat license?
Back to Top View tinwistle's Profile Search for other posts by tinwistle

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Can I supply it free of charge to my website & hosting customers as an installed application (maybe basic webmail functions through lite and and upgraded service which includes pro?)

You can use WebMail Lite in any way. It's allowed to modify its source code, redistribute the product and provide web-based email service using it.

As for WebMail Pro, you can use it according to your license. For example, if you purchase "Single Computer, 100 users" license, you can establish 100 users accounts (not email addresses, see below) and provide webmail service. You're also allowed to modify the software, but you're not allowed to redistribute it or exceed license limitations in any other way.

Quote:
is there a way I can let someone create a new account automatically that is separate from the rest of my users?

There are three ways to create user accounts in WebMail Pro:

1) manually, using WebMail Pro Admin Panel;

2) automatically, if "Allow automatic registration of new users on first login" setting is checked in Admin Panel;

3) programmatically. WebMail Pro has special integration API, it allows creating user accounts or sending authentication data from your PHP or .NET application.

Quote:
Is every email address set up in Webmail pro a seat license?

User can add any number of email accounts to an existing one. Only number of users is limited, number of email addresses is not. For example, if you purchase "Single Computer, 100 Users" license, you can have 100 users with any number of email addresses set up for them.

Regards,
Igor
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

tinwistle

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote tinwistle

WOW

Here is how I got here:

I have a dedicated 1and1.com Windows server (Works great, support is basically hardware and connectivity only. Software you are on your own.

I chose to go with the Plesk 8.3 Installation to make a lot of the web server configuration available through Plesk so I could let my customers access there hosting accounts if the wish. I DO NOT SHARE THE MACHINE WITH ANYONE,

Anyways the other day a client of mine wanted me to install an affiliate program he was familiar with to the server and create him a website out of it.

While it said right in the install text that it has not been tested on Windows theoretically it should. (Runs great by the way) HOWEVER it broke the Plesk install of HORDE IMP. It also broke some other PHP applications that are pre-installed on the Plesk server but I know these can also run when installed directly yo the web site (I have the same app running on one site and fatal error on another.

ANYWAYS THIS SOFTWARE BLOWS AWAY HORDE!!!!!!

I am so GLAD I BROKE it & instead of trying to fix it found an alternative.

Pretty simple to set up too:

I put webmail lite on the server and create all new sites (and old) a subdomain like webmail eg. http://webmail.Domain.com

and drop a simple html file into each one to redirect the user to the webmail lite application (Tried using a CNAME with no luck on my servers).

Having a chance to grab some licenses for the Pro version at 50% is awesome!!!! I need to sleep on if I should I grab 100 or 1000 (thing is I can't see 1000 email accounts using the full functions of Pro on my server)
Back to Top View tinwistle's Profile Search for other posts by tinwistle

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version