AfterLogic Forum : MailBee Objects
Subject Topic: 2 Questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
schase02

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 July 2007 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote schase02

Howdy all,

1) I'm using v 1.1 of Queue, and 5.1 of the Objects - is there an update to what I've got?

2) For a couple of years now, I've been using Mailbee to retrieve the emails, take apart various headers, subject, etc. and store it into a database. That's worked good for the most part - but now I'm wondering if I can retrieve an email - and save the entire email in a folder on the server as some type of extension - html or whatever. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!   
Back to Top View schase02's Profile Search for other posts by schase02

schase02

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote schase02

I see on this thread

http://www.afterlogic.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=455&PN=2

The bit to save - Question here. That example shows to save as .eml - I need it to open up in IE or Firefox - will that still open it? or should I save as .html ?

oleg
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 12:43am | IP Logged Quote oleg

New version of MailBee Objects (5.4) is available, please download it from the following URL:

http://www.afterlogic.com/download/mailbee-objects.asp

The instructions about upgrading of MailBee Objects is here (look at the first topic):
http://www.afterlogic.com/mailbee/docs/FAQ.htm#1

The current version of MailBee Message Queue is 1.3, so we recommend you to upgrade it too. Please download it from the following URL:

http://www.afterlogic.com/download/message-queue.asp

You can use your current License Key for both of upgraded products.

Displaying of HTML-formatted messages method is described in the
related Documentation page which could be retrieved from the following URL:

http://www.afterlogic.com/mailbee/docs/KB_DisplayingHTML_ASP 1.htm

Best regards,
Oleg.
Back to Top View oleg's Profile Search for other posts by oleg Visit oleg's Homepage

schase02

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote schase02

Ok,
Thank you for the replies. I am able to save the email with an .eml extension to a directory. I rename the email with the UID and seems to go okay.

I'm not sure what the purpose is of the link on displaying of HTML-formatted messages method, as the browser displays the .eml just fine on its own. Maybe i'm missing something?

Anyway, what I'm running into difficulty with is attachments. Inline attachments seem to save along with the .eml extension. But normal attachments just display the broken image icon, with the properties being a CID collection number.

All I do with the mailbee is download emails, I then will take various parts, subject, from, UID, store that in a database table, and save the email into a folder on the server - where my custom lead manager program can open up and view. But how do I handle the attachments? I've read in the docs and the forums the bits on how to collect, how to save, how to remove. But cannot seem to find anything to save - yet still let the .eml display the attachment.

Should I save the attachments, remove them - then just create another table to save the attachments in with the UID of the email as a reference point?

Hope this makes sense.

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 12:05am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Quote:
I'm not sure what the purpose is of the link on displaying of HTML-formatted messages method, as the browser displays the .eml just fine on its own. Maybe i'm missing something?

Web browsers cannot display .eml files. If your web browser does, it means you have an ActiveX installed on your machine which implements rendering .eml files inside web browser, but please note, the majority of users doesn't have such ActiveX installed.

To display HTML bodies and in-line attachments contained in .eml files, you should follow the instructions described in Displaying HTML-formatted messages tutorial.

GetBodyWithEmbeddedObjectsEx method allows saving in-line attachments into a temporary place and fix links to them in HTML body, so web browser is able to display them correctly.

Attachment.SaveFile method allows you to save "normal" attachments.

Also, you may download MailBee WebMail Lite ASP and research its source code to learn how to correctly display HTML formatted messages with embedded objects.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

schase02

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote schase02

sure enough,
Tried it on a 2nd computer - it displayed, tried it on a third - it borked....
but that was IE6, the other 3 computers are IE7.

Maybe IE7 will render them, I don't know but either way Firefox wont, and while I have great control over users browsers - i'd like to give those two choices at least.

Thanks, I'll poke through the code.

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

What exactly did you try? The more information you provide - the better chance that we'll be able to assist you.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version