AfterLogic Forum : MailBee Objects
Subject Topic: ? about connection Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
karen32

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 October 2006 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote karen32

Hi,

I'm currently considering the MailBee ActiveX component.

I'm looking to dialup to a server, and use IMAP4 & SMTP to recieve & send emails.

I have 2 questions.

First, would the MailBee product handle the dialing out and establishing the connection, or would I have to write something seperate to establish the connection first and then start using MailBee to send & recieve?

Second, does MailBee handle if the line is dropped. IE not recieving a bad/partial message, not marking an incomplete message as read, trying again, etc?
Back to Top View karen32's Profile Search for other posts by karen32

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Quote:
First, would the MailBee product handle the dialing out and establishing the connection, or would I have to write something seperate to establish the connection first and then start using MailBee to send   recieve?

MailBee Objects cannot establish dial-up connection, it works through already established TCP/IP connection and doesn't matter if this dial-up, ethernet, or another type of network connection. Thus, your application should establish dial-up connection prior to using MailBee Objects.

Quote:
Second, does MailBee handle if the line is dropped. IE not recieving a bad/partial message, not marking an incomplete message as read, trying again, etc?

MailBee Objects has safe error handling and your application can control the status of each its action. Each method can signal if an error occurred, moreover, you can check IsError, ErrCode, ErrDesc properties of SMTP or IMAP4 objects to know the error reason. There shouldn't be any problems if the line is dropped.
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

karen32

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 9:16am | IP Logged Quote karen32

Thank you for your prompt response.
Back to Top View karen32's Profile Search for other posts by karen32

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version