Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Questions about Inbox and Calendar functi Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
gssit

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01 April 2011 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote gssit

Hi,

A few requests came in that the following is not working or could be improved upon.
1. Folders cannot be created as sub-folders under the Inbox.
Is there a reason why not?

2. Rules don't work.
Folders were created and rules to move messages to these folder once messages arrive but all messages still remain in the Inbox.

3. Meeting requests from Exchange does not appear in the Calendar.
Also there is no place to mark any meeting requests to either Accept or Decline the meeting request.

4. Can Afterlogic connect to a Windows LDAP server to pull global address lists and groups?

Regards
Back to Top View gssit's Profile Search for other posts by gssit

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 01 April 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Could you please let us know if this is about PHP or ASP.NET version? We'll also
need to know the version number. Thank you!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

gssit

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged Quote gssit

Hi,

Running on Linux so PHP
Version: <!-- 5.1.12 -->

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 3:57am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Is this about standalone WebMail Pro or one bundled within MailSuite Pro? If that's the former, upgrading to
the latest version of WebMail Pro is recommended, it contains tons of bugfixes and improvements.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

gssit

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 12:55am | IP Logged Quote gssit

Hi Igor,

This is MailSuite Pro.

Any feedback on these questions, specially point 4 as well.

2. Rules don't work.
Folders were created and rules to move messages to these folder once messages arrive but all messages still remain in the Inbox.

Also there is no place to mark any meeting requests to either Accept or Decline the meeting request.

4. Can Afterlogic connect to a Windows LDAP server to pull global address lists and groups?

Thanks and regards

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 4:00am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:

From IMAP namespace related point of view, any folder like Sent Items or Trash is actually subfolder of Inbox. And even if you create direct Inbox subfolder, it will be shown in WebMail Pro on the same level as Inbox.

Quote:
2. Rules don't work.

I believe webmail interface in latest version of MailSuite Pro for Linux is using Direct Mode sync for folders, so database is not used and thus filters wouldn't work since they rely on database storage.

Quote:

I have asked the developers to look into this. If there's a simple fix available we'll let you know.

Quote:

Out of box, it can only be authenticated against LDAP storage. The rest is done in terms of custom development.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

gssit

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 1:41am | IP Logged Quote gssit

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the feedback.

What is the point of having the rules setting in the mailsuite if it does not work?
Can it be fixed?

Please keep me updated with regards to the calendaring issue between Afterlogic and Exchange.

The LDAP connectivity to pull address lists from Exchange, it this something Afterlogic will look at to implement in future releases?

Thanks

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 5:13am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
What is the point of having the rules setting in the mailsuite if it does not work?
Can it be fixed?

It actually works if you switch to any other sync.mode, regardless of whether it's MailSuite-hosted account or an external one. In upcoming 6.* version, Direct Mode will be the only option though, but we'll add SIEVE-based filters, so rules will be working.

Quote:
Please keep me updated with regards to the calendaring issue between Afterlogic and Exchange.

Sure. Note that it will require significant research.

Quote:
The LDAP connectivity to pull address lists from Exchange, it this something Afterlogic will look at to implement in future releases?

Yes, accessing LDAP address book will be available in v6, and it will be possible to fine-tune it to work with particular LDAP storage type, e.g. MS Exchange.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

gssit

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote gssit

Hi Igor/Support,

With regards to the rules/filtering.
I tried to change the "Synchronize" option to "All Messages" on my test folder but still no messages go to the folder.
Anything else I must look for?
In the meantime I will still play around with it.

I will make note of the Calendaring issue and will check in periodically.

Do you inform your clients when new versions of the Mail Suite are available and stable for upgrades to be performed?
When doing Suite upgrades, does it require downtime?
What all will be affected?

Then another interesting thing, that will make for nice features, unless it is there and we are missing it:
Under the user lists for the various domains, there is no way you can distinguish which is mailing lists and mailboxes.
It will be nice to have them separate, seeing as I am sure we are not the only ones making use of various and multiple mailing lists.

Also there is no "find" or search option.

Regards

Corne

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:51am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
I tried to change the "Synchronize" option to "All Messages" on my test folder but still no messages go to the folder.
Anything else I must look for?

Sorry, no idea. If switching sync mode doesn't help, there's no other way out I'm afraid, at least in the current version.

Quote:
Do you inform your clients when new versions of the Mail Suite are available and stable for upgrades to be performed?

We have a number of notification options, please check this forum thread for details.

Quote:
When doing Suite upgrades, does it require downtime?

Normally, you would need to backup data of current installation, remove it completely, install new version and bring the data back. That's actually what upgrading instructions tell on that. Quite a time-consuming task, especially when there's a replication established between multiple servers.

However, I believe that MailSuite Pro will hold few to none updates for mail server binaries, only web parts (webmail interface and admin panel) will be significantly affected. I will ensure there's a special upgrade path for replacing webparts only, and one can do such upgrade within seconds, no downtime at all; maybe users will need to purge browser cache, and that's pretty much it.

Quote:
Under the user lists for the various domains, there is no way you can distinguish which is mailing lists and mailboxes.

Now, that's strange: I've just logged into our own MailSuite Pro installation and found out those are really different:

Lines 2 and 4 are regular users while lines 1 and 3 are mailing lists.

Quote:
Also there is no "find" or search option.

Once again, I see that option, to the right from domains dropdown menu. However, it doesn't have filter for user/maillist selection.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version