AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Sync Mode Folder Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hcaamal

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 August 2011 at 2:17pm | IP Logged Quote hcaamal

Hi, I just testing WebMail Pro Net (6.2.2), so I have a question about how I can set the Sync Mode Folder for a POP3 account as I read in http://www.afterlogic.com/wiki/Synchronization_modes._How_do_they_work%3F   I reviewed all admin GUI settings and the options for email account for users, and there's no way. I notice too that even option 'Delete received messages from server' not working because the messages donīt get deleted; I think itīs related with the sync mode.

Regards.
Back to Top View hcaamal's Profile Search for other posts by hcaamal

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 August 2011 at 10:11pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

I believe we have removed that page from all the documentation sections as it's an obsolete one and no longer applies to current WebMail Pro version. Starting from WebMail Pro 6.0, Entire Messages is the only sync.mode supported for POP3 accounts. For IMAP, it's always Direct Mode now.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

hcaamal

Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote hcaamal

Hello Igor,

Thanks for the clarification. However, in keeping with the theme I comment that the setting 'Delete received messages from server' is complicated for POP3 accounts. The behavior is as follows:

1 - Create a user account, then when the user enter first time, the folders records are created in the database (the folder 'Inbox #' with the field sync_type = DirectMode), then go to settings - > user accounts and change the default 'Leave messages on server' to 'Delete received messages from server'. Under these circumstances, the result is not expected because the emails are still preserved on the POP3 server, I guess this is because the configuration of the folder 'Inbox' is not updated and contains DirectMode.

2 - Create a user account and before the user enters, we seek the corresponding record in the database and found that the field mail_mode = 'LeaveMessagesOnServer', then update the value to 'DeleteMessagesFromServer'. Now when the user enter first time her account and create records of the folders in the database, the folder 'Inbox' now in the sync_type = AllEntireMessages. With this configuration everything works fine, mails are downloaded by the web mail and deleted from the server.

According to my observations, I suggest then place the message options (Delete / Leave / Keep / etc) when creating and / or set the domain to user accounts inherit the features. Otherwise imagine create users and edit directly in the configuration database ...

Thank you for your attention and help

regards

HC.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 05 August 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Thanks for your detailed feedback.

Actually, if Inbox folder has Direct Mode set for POP3 account by default, it's safe to treat that as a bug which needs to be fixed. On Monday, I'll speak to the developers on this, we'll see what can be done. Thanks again!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:34am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I have a confirmation from the developers that they're going to investigate the Direct Mode issue for POP3 accounts, and if any problems are found they are fixed in the next maintenance build 6.2.5 scheduled for release in 2-3 weeks.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

hcaamal

Posted: 08 August 2011 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote hcaamal

Ok.

Thanks for your help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register